New home kit?

Re: New home kit???

dario2739 said:
ChorltonCity said:
Navy Blue has been on our kits many times. check out the early 90s period (my favourite era until now).
Also check the kit we were wearing in the 5-1 against the rags.
dario2739 said:
It will have to look a hell of a lot better in the flesh to change my opinion - cos I think that looks shite to be honest!
The dot/soundwave just looks tacky - disappointing really as Umbro have really done us proud since we went back to them. The one worrying thing for me is the Umbro badge and Etihad being navy blue... as far as i'm concerned navy blue has no part on a Man City shirt... that colour goes on a Coventry kit, and what worries me even more is that this will mean a return to navy blue socks!!!!
Then again, after the perfection of last season's kit it was always going to be downhill!

I'm nearly 42 mate, so well aware that we have had navy blue on our kits before... that doesn't mean it should be there! Our shirts should be Sky Blue and White only in my opinion!
Also (the 5-1 aside and promotion back to the prem) the times when navy blue has appeared on our kit coincides with the darkest days of our history!
Our most successful period (late 60's/early 70's) we wore sky blue with white trim with sky blue socks with maroon turnovers.... we wear that again and whadda ya know... finish 3rd and win a cup... are you listening Umbro???
Sorry fella, didn't mean to patronise. I started going to Maine Rd in the early 90s, so a kit with plenty of navy on it is what I identify City with. I always felt we looked more menacing in those kits and not quite so "nice".
Obviously the results haven't really backed up my half-baked theory though!

For what it's worth I like the new kit, and it is definately not a fake.

Just wish they would release it. Why do we always seem to try and keep it hush hush. Release it like last year on the main site with a bit of interaction.

Every other club just seems to release it instead of waiting for some big release that at the end of the day we don't really care about.

.allan said:
Just wish they would release it. Why do we always seem to try and keep it hush hush. Release it like last year on the main site with a bit of interaction.

Every other club just seems to release it instead of waiting for some big release that at the end of the day we don't really care about.
Said this for years, its like we take some sort of pride in waiting, when infact there's nothing to wait for. Chelsea had theirs on the players on the last home game, Arsenals was out for pre-order before the season ended, as was uniteds. Newcastle's was advertised as far back as March. For some reason we leave ours till late July/early August and miss that massive bracket of holiday makers who go away late June - late July who may just have bought a kit for their kids etc. It's a bizarre strategy and was happening long before the take over too.

Pigeonho said:
.allan said:

Said this for years, its like we take some sort of pride in waiting, when infact there's nothing to wait for. Chelsea had theirs on the players on the last home game, Arsenals was out for pre-order before the season ended, as was uniteds. Newcastle's was advertised as far back as March. For some reason we leave ours till late July/early August and miss that massive bracket of holiday makers who go away late June - late July who may just have bought a kit for their kids etc. It's a bizarre strategy and was happening long before the take over too.

we do the away first this year instead(probably because Umbro know it's the better kit and want to capitalise on the interest in Neil Young and the FA Cup win) whilst the home will get released at the same point as most people's away kits.

They always fanny about with releasing the home strip.

They tease us with it, like to hype it up.

Full on strip tease.

Still people slagging off the new shirt i see,im shocked at the amount of people who are calling it shit,whats shit about it...really?
Would be shit if we had the same sort of shirt year in year out like the last two,yeah they was nice,well...classics but something new is always nice aint it.
Think it looks really good,love the bit on the coller love the navy writing and also love the stripes down the sides,well done Umbro!

Thats if it is real of course,looks too good to be fake but you never know i suppose!<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:21 pm --<br /><br />
inGavious said:
if indeed it turns out to be real ..... knowing that an Indoniasian Rent Boy has one would put me off owning one, more than the actual look of it.
?!?! wtf !?!?

If we hadn't had last season's and especially the year before (all time classic) it would be OK. But in comparison to them it looks naff.

I think there is something iconic about plain sky blue and recognisable the world over as City.

To be going into the CL with a shirt that has a sound wave, a micro-winged collar, dark blue advertising, and stripes is really a shame in my eyes. I think the worst is the dark blue instead of white. If we needed to make it standout the white could have had a maroon outline.

Cheap nasty Coventry City.

I can never work out why they don't ask a cross section of fans to choose from a number of alternatives. We're the ones who are doing the buying!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.