New home kit?

Re: New home kit???

imber50 said:
Im told that the new home kit has got some kind of white stripe on it. It looks as though it is down the side under the arm. If i get more details i will let you know.

My contact within the sportswear business has said that this looks very much like the city shirt that she has seen. In fairness she has only seen it bagged up and not on a hanger but she is sure it is legit

Cobwebcat said:
If we hadn't had last season's and especially the year before (all time classic) it would be OK. But in comparison to them it looks naff.

I think there is something iconic about plain sky blue and recognisable the world over as City.

To be going into the CL with a shirt that has a sound wave, a micro-winged collar, dark blue advertising, and stripes is really a shame in my eyes. I think the worst is the dark blue instead of white. If we needed to make it standout the white could have had a maroon outline.

Cheap nasty Coventry City.

I can never work out why they don't ask a cross section of fans to choose from a number of alternatives. We're the ones who are doing the buying!
navy is 100 times better than white,maroon outline would look shocking and i think going into CL with this would look awesome,really cool shirt if it is as it looks like it is real : )<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:28 pm --<br /><br />
imber50 said:
imber50 said:
Im told that the new home kit has got some kind of white stripe on it. It looks as though it is down the side under the arm. If i get more details i will let you know.

My contact within the sportswear business has said that this looks very much like the city shirt that she has seen. In fairness she has only seen it bagged up and not on a hanger but she is sure it is legit
Wahooo!
Hope so,love it!

Navy Blue looks better? Really?!

Sky blue and white = clean and smart = Manchester City

Two shades of blue = market chav

Still perhaps it's me. No accounting for taste.

Looks a bit girly my wife thinks.

Navy blue does not belong on our shirts... end of!!!
Sky blue, white trim nice and classy!

masterwig said:
Our last two home shirts have been absolute classics. This looks like a comedown and rather cheap to me.
Agreed. I'd rather keep last seasons kit than go to that one.

dario2739 said:
Each to their own and all that!

I on the other hand thinks it looks nice,i take it you didnt like our 'Navy' shirt this year then?

I'm convinced this is the new shirt going off what the insiders said it would look like.

The Navy Sponsor & Umbro logo are growing on me, I like the contrast with the white on the collar and under the arms. I like the look of the soundwave pattern. I imagine it's the saturation on the photo but if the blue was *slightly* brighter I think that would work.

As a font geek I'm also really hoping for some shit-hot CL name & number style (player size available to fans too please city)

Only major thing that would put me off buying it is the 'extra collar'? I'm looking forward to hearing Umbro's explanation of that one.

7/10

Might just get the navy 3rd. Really like the fit & cotton feel of last seasons.

inGavious said:
if indeed it turns out to be real ..... knowing that an Indoniasian Rent Boy has one would put me off owning one, more than the actual look of it.

classy

- Joe said:
I'm convinced this is the new shirt going off what the insiders said it would look like.

The Navy Sponsor & Umbro logo are growing on me, I like the contrast with the white on the collar and under the arms. I like the look of the soundwave pattern. I imagine it's the saturation on the photo but if the blue was *slightly* brighter I think that would work.

As a font geek I'm also really hoping for some shit-hot CL name & number style (player size available to fans too please city)

Only major thing that would put me off buying it is the 'extra collar'? I'm looking forward to hearing Umbro's explanation of that one.

7/10

Might just get the navy 3rd. Really like the fit & cotton feel of last seasons.

There's a chance that the kid has something on underneath and so not attached.

5/10

chase of spades said:
dario2739 said:
Each to their own and all that!

I on the other hand thinks it looks nice,i take it you didnt like our 'Navy' shirt this year then?

Were they the home shirts? No - if you read my post I said the HOME shirt should have no navy blue anywhere near it - the home kit for that matter! Adding an unecessary 3rd colour to a shirt trim is a late 80's/90's thing!
For the record last season's navy away kit is the only Umbro shirt I haven't bought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.