New home kit?

Re: New home kit???

dario2739 said:
chase of spades said:
dario2739 said:
Navy blue does not belong on our shirts... end of!!!
Sky blue, white trim nice and classy!
Each to their own and all that!

I on the other hand thinks it looks nice,i take it you didnt like our 'Navy' shirt this year then?

Were they the home shirts? No - if you read my post I said the HOME shirt should have no navy blue anywhere near it - the home kit for that matter! Adding an unecessary 3rd colour to a shirt trim is a late 80's/90's thing!
For the record last season's navy away kit is the only Umbro shirt I haven't bought.

and that's the difference. Although the third strip does look better than the new first strip...just looks designed better.

dario2739 said:

mcy95hs_s.jpg

image_13996.gif

4559183404_15aef150a2.jpg
(sure the last one was actually navy, not black..but you get my drift...)

chase of spades said:
dario2739 said:
Each to their own and all that!

I on the other hand thinks it looks nice,i take it you didnt like our 'Navy' shirt this year then?
Agreed, glad I got this season's cheap while I could. Saved myself £20 and got a better shirt.

just because we went mad in the eighties doesn't make it 1. Traditional or 2. Look any good.

i used to love the dark blue socks on the home kit. i'd much rather have dark blue socks than white. a little bit of dark blue breaks up the kit for me, although i've loved the last two home kits (apart from the white socks on the first of the 2).

Our kit is actually Cambridge Blue and white I'm sure I read that in a book on city history it was adopted as that colour as something to do with the masons on the board and navy blue has from time to time been a party of our kits since the early days, personally I would keep to the two colours and leave the navy of it myself

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manches ... r_City.htm</a>

Cobwebcat said:
just because we went mad in the eighties doesn't make it 1. Traditional or 2. Look any good.
We've worn Navy blue socks for more years than we've worn any other colour socks in our history, dating back to 1892.

urban genie said:
Our kit is actually Cambridge Blue and white I'm sure I read that in a book on city history it was adopted as that colour as something to do with the masons on the board and navy blue has from time to time been a party of our kits since the early days, personally I would keep to the two colours and leave the navy of it myself

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manches ... r_City.htm</a>

a quick count up there tells us that navy blue has been a part of our home kit as often as it hasn't. that's throughout our entire history.

I know all about the times we've worn navy blue as part of our kit - but my point again is that navy blue should appear nowhere near our shirt - sky blue with white trim for me.
Look at the historic kits - from 1894-1951 we wore navy blue socks according to that - but the shirts are sky blue with white trim - no navy.
From 1987-2003 we again wore navy blue socks - this time added navy to the shirts... the result is they're all pretty much gash! I didn't mind the 1993 kit, but the navy was at a minimum, and the kappa was ok... just the wrong shade of blue - but they just aren't as nice as a classic 1969 shirt or the last two umbro ones - just my opinion.
I suppose the sponsor being in navy is ok - but it just looks so much better in white!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.