new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
super_city_si said:
Ive gone the other way, having seen it in the friendly I think it looks good. The back of the socks is naff but its nowhere near as bad as i had envisioned it after the sneak peeks.

Agree.

The colour looks good. Vibrant without being too garish and classic without being too dull. Never be a fan of the shield.

Will wait till all the kits are confirmed, see if there is a match version on sale ... then might actually buy this one (the shirt).

GeekinGav said:
super_city_si said:
Ive gone the other way, having seen it in the friendly I think it looks good. The back of the socks is naff but its nowhere near as bad as i had envisioned it after the sneak peeks.

Agree.

The colour looks good. Vibrant without being too garish and classic without being too dull. Never be a fan of the shield.

Will wait till all the kits are confirmed, see if there is a match version on sale ... then might actually buy this one (the shirt).

That was quick. ;-)

I actually went further the other way. Dislike them even more. And the away/third shirt is misguided at best.

Oh well, sky blue polo with the crest it is.

Doesn't look terrible on the players, the blue shorts have been discussed in detail so I don't need to go in to that.

Is it just me or do they look a bit like pyjamas?

Quick mock up of Fernando from the pre-season friendly – how it is and how it should be...

nlr58o.jpg

dario2739 said:
Quick mock up of Fernando from the pre-season friendly – how it is and how it should be...

nlr58o.jpg

Well done mate. Would have done that myself if I knew how!

HUGE improvement with white shorts!

BlueSiam said:
dario2739 said:

nlr58o.jpg

Well done mate. Would have done that myself if I knew how!

HUGE improvement with white shorts!

When you put them side by side, you truly appreciate the positive difference white shorts would make.

And I do like the shirt

SebastianBlue said:
GeekinGav said:
super_city_si said:

Agree.

That was quick. ;-)

I actually went further the other way. Dislike them even more. And the away/third shirt is misguided at best.

Oh well, sky blue polo with the crest it is.

Sorry but what is the away/third shirt?

Saw the match last night and was as disappointed with the blue shorts as I thought I would be. The 70s/80s version were a 'stronger' blue anyway. Can;t think of home strip that I've ever disliked more. But then I'm just a 'Gok Wan Wanker', apparently.

Going back to answer someone about black shorts [a la Uruguay], I remember watching Derbies in the 70s and 80s when the opposition 'Manchester' club always wore black shorts but the rest of the kit remained the same. For me, it was a form of respect that we were playing at the other place and vica versa. Those blue shorts and socks with black shorts was always a cool one for me. I think the last time was the 'Munich Anniversary' but I could be wrong. Pity, always got me going knowing we were fighting in Stretford [some of us literally]. Bring back the white shorts, FFS!

coleridge said:
Sorry but what is the away/third shirt?

This apparently. Personally, they should stick the Rags badge on it and it would make a perfect away kit for them - not for us.

Also, it would be loads better if it had a white sponsor rather than the luminous yellow.

Manchester-City-14-15-Away-Kit-1.jpg

I wouldn't even mind the blue shorts if the trim on the shirt and socks were white, and went all the way around on the collar.

As well as the stripes being removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.