new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
gwt said:
The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
Second Skin said:
Mate of mine just posted this on Facebook:

7y3ypape.jpg
Meant to be the actual shirt or just a mock up? Cos it's a ripper...

Plain white shorts and navy socks (and black boots!) and it's a massive winner.
Best kit I've seen on this thread.

That's a European champion's kit right there

I don't think that's real because of all Nike's shirts for next season so far all have plain material with no patterns (going for a sort of retro/simple look). This is the only one I've seen that has a pattern. Shame because I like it, would look even better if the logo and everything were white.

mansour's tow ropes said:
I don't think that's real because of all Nike's shirts for next season so far all have plain material with no patterns (going for a sort of retro/simple look). This is the only one I've seen that has a pattern. Shame because I like it, would look even better if the logo and everything were white.

Also the dodgy pasted on sponsor logo!

Personally it looks fine at first glance but seems to get worse every time I look at it - got a nineties feel about it.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
KippaxCitizen said:
FanchesterCity said:
To be fair, we've actually have sky blue shorts for a fair whack of our history, and we've had black shorts too... not to mention a dark blue pair!

I've no objection to sky blue shorts. We've have plenty worse abominations in the past!
We've had sky blue shorts for just 11 years of our 120 year history. Black shorts for just 1 year.

None of those kits were right. Blue shorts isn't Manchester City FC. Coventry City have had sky blue shorts for a fair whack of their history.

Just because we've been 'fobbed-off' with blue shorts in the past doesn't make it right or ok. We need to let the kit people know this. Said it countless times that you wouldn't see the rags accepting any other short colour or Arsenal. Why us then? It gets right on my tits.

Totally agree.

mrtwiceaseason said:
HellasLEAF said:
is there at least news of an unveiling date?
dont quote me but have read 2 nd week in july somewhere.

It will probably be when we go to the USA again.

As for our kit - keep getting a lot of comments on here "don't care... it's not a fashion show... as long as it's a sky blue shirt!"
Thing is, while some people think it's a trivial matter – it really isn't!
Like it or not, a football club's kit is part of it's brand – arguably it's most important as it's how they are recognised the world over.

Take the illustration below – a simplistic image of a handful of the world's biggest teams. You know who they are without having to be told...

24xp0k6.jpg

It seems that (for English teams especially) the early sixties was a time when a club defined it's kit – since then have you ever seen Liverpool wear white shorts or socks? Have United ever wore red shirts? Barca have dabbled with differing short/sock colours but their kit is unique enough to never appear different.

Then you come to us... which one are we..?

5zk0ia.jpg

I think the club needs to define a strip and stick with it... so that when you show a picture like this to anybody around the world they would say with certainty "that's Man City", not "well it could be Lazio or Napoli, or maybe even Coventry!"
We were the original Sky Blue club (as far as I can see) so let's make that proud tradition a strong statement and strong identifiable brand!

dario2739 said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
HellasLEAF said:
is there at least news of an unveiling date?
dont quote me but have read 2 nd week in july somewhere.

It will probably be when we go to the USA again.

As for our kit - keep getting a lot of comments on here "don't care... it's not a fashion show... as long as it's a sky blue shirt!"
Thing is, while some people think it's a trivial matter – it really isn't!
Like it or not, a football club's kit is part of it's brand – arguably it's most important as it's how they are recognised the world over.

Take the illustration below – a simplistic image of a handful of the world's biggest teams. You know who they are without having to be told...

24xp0k6.jpg

It seems that (for English teams especially) the early sixties was a time when a club defined it's kit – since then have you ever seen Liverpool wear white shorts or socks? Have United ever wore red shirts? Barca have dabbled with differing short/sock colours but their kit is unique enough to never appear different.

Then you come to us... which one are we..?

5zk0ia.jpg

I think the club needs to define a strip and stick with it... so that when you show a picture like this to anybody around the world they would say with certainty "that's Man City", not "well it could be Lazio or Napoli, or maybe even Coventry!"
We were the original Sky Blue club (as far as I can see) so let's make that proud tradition a strong statement and strong identifiable brand!
TBF at least 2/3 of those in the top picture could be different clubs.

Top right could be Chelsea, or Rangers, or Everton.
the black and white stripes could be Juventus, Newcastle or Notts County.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.