new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
KippaxCitizen said:
FanchesterCity said:
To be fair, we've actually have sky blue shorts for a fair whack of our history, and we've had black shorts too... not to mention a dark blue pair!

I've no objection to sky blue shorts. We've have plenty worse abominations in the past!
We've had sky blue shorts for just 11 years of our 120 year history. Black shorts for just 1 year.

None of those kits were right. Blue shorts isn't Manchester City FC. Coventry City have had sky blue shorts for a fair whack of their history.

Just because we've been 'fobbed-off' with blue shorts in the past doesn't make it right or ok. We need to let the kit people know this. Said it countless times that you wouldn't see the rags accepting any other short colour or Arsenal. Why us then? It gets right on my tits.

Ban-jani said:
Second Skin said:
Mate of mine just posted this on Facebook:

7y3ypape.jpg

White shorts, navy socks & that's a belting kit.

If its blue shorts its coventry

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Anyone precious about what shorts our team wears at any point..need to take a long hard look at themselves..

Why? Just like Cardiff fans maybe? What's the difference between a shirt colour and short colour? None. It's part of the STRIP, the KIT is a combination of shorts and shirts. As the song goes.. Blue and White they go together we will carry on for evermore!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Anyone precious about what shorts our team wears at any point..need to take a long hard look at themselves..

Why? Just like Cardiff fans maybe? What's the difference between a shirt colour and short colour? None. It's part of the STRIP, the KIT is a combination of shorts and shirts. As the song goes.. Blue and White they go together we will carry on for evermore!

Yes, but, over our history we've changed colours, admittedly it's been sky blue for virtually forever, but we've changed sock colours, had dark blue, light blue, stripes, white.... and we've had white shorts and sky blue shorts in the process too. So it can't really be a major surprise if we were to have sky blue shorts again instead of white. It's not really 'break' in tradition - since we've had them before.

Admittedly, some prefer white shorts, and some don't really care (like me). 99% of people would consider the shirt colour to be the primary item, shorts second, and socks third. You don't get many people arguing about the socks!

I'd certainly argue that the electric blue we adopted during the 90s was more of a deviation than any change of shorts!

It's horses for courses, but I just can't see sky blue shorts as a travesty of any sort. I'm supporting a team not a fashion parade!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
KippaxCitizen said:
FanchesterCity said:
To be fair, we've actually have sky blue shorts for a fair whack of our history, and we've had black shorts too... not to mention a dark blue pair!

I've no objection to sky blue shorts. We've have plenty worse abominations in the past!
We've had sky blue shorts for just 11 years of our 120 year history. Black shorts for just 1 year.

None of those kits were right. Blue shorts isn't Manchester City FC. Coventry City have had sky blue shorts for a fair whack of their history.

Just because we've been 'fobbed-off' with blue shorts in the past doesn't make it right or ok. We need to let the kit people know this. Said it countless times that you wouldn't see the rags accepting any other short colour or Arsenal. Why us then? It gets right on my tits.

I'm curious as to how you feel about our away kits. I mean there's so much variation season to season in those, surely a little variation in our shorts is no different. A little extra sky blue never seemed so bad...

The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
Second Skin said:
Mate of mine just posted this on Facebook:

7y3ypape.jpg
Meant to be the actual shirt or just a mock up? Cos it's a ripper...

Plain white shorts and navy socks (and black boots!) and it's a massive winner.
Best kit I've seen on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.