new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
FanchesterCity said:
To be fair, we've actually have sky blue shorts for a fair whack of our history, and we've had black shorts too... not to mention a dark blue pair!

I've no objection to sky blue shorts. We've have plenty worse abominations in the past!
We've had sky blue shorts for just 11 years of our 120 year history. Black shorts for just 1 year.

None of those kits were right. Blue shorts isn't Manchester City FC. Coventry City have had sky blue shorts for a fair whack of their history.

RandomJ said:
You see some of the amazing kits Nike produce for other teams then you look at the shite they serve us with. It's like they have their work experience kids do our kits. Really hope the one on the carpet it a fake.

I think all three shirts nike have done for us have been nice !!.

What exactly has been so shit about them !?.

KippaxCitizen said:
FanchesterCity said:
To be fair, we've actually have sky blue shorts for a fair whack of our history, and we've had black shorts too... not to mention a dark blue pair!

I've no objection to sky blue shorts. We've have plenty worse abominations in the past!
We've had sky blue shorts for just 11 years of our 120 year history. Black shorts for just 1 year.

None of those kits were right. Blue shorts isn't Manchester City FC. Coventry City have had sky blue shorts for a fair whack of their history.

It's there in our history, it's not like we've never worn them before. You might not like the combination, and that's a personal preference, but you can't just cherry pick aspects you like and say anything else isn't Manchester City.

What we are today is an accumulation of all that went before, and part of that is that we've worn sky blue shorts plenty of times in the past. I just don't see the problem, nor what is 'IS' Manchester City and what 'ISN'T'.

What's the right socks? we've had a far range of those too!

For me, as long as sky blue is the predominant colour in our kit, I really don't mind.

BlueHalli said:
RandomJ said:
You see some of the amazing kits Nike produce for other teams then you look at the shite they serve us with. It's like they have their work experience kids do our kits. Really hope the one on the carpet it a fake.

I think all three shirts nike have done for us have been nice !!.

What exactly has been so shit about them !?.

You can't please everybody all the time, but I think a lot aren't keen on the round collars (even though Umbro did couple of round necks too), and the shield badge wasn't well receive (I'm not keen on that myself), other than that, I think they've been pretty classy and fairly understated.

We've been lucky to avoid some of the horrific stuff that United and LIverpool have had (and that's not City bias, they've just had some shockers!)

SebastianBlue said:
I wasn't aware. What was the rational for the request? Higher contrast? Less creativity, as that leads to fornication?

It's for tv viewers so they can distinguish between the teams more easily.

Bilboblue said:
SebastianBlue said:
I wasn't aware. What was the rational for the request? Higher contrast? Less creativity, as that leads to fornication?

It's for tv viewers so they can distinguish between the teams more easily.

That's what I meant by higher contrast... It is still a ridiculous, unnecessary request, though. Unless they are planning to broadcast the WC in black and white.

Second Skin said:
Mate of mine just posted this on Facebook:

7y3ypape.jpg

Not quite as nice as the mock up polo short looking top but still a very nice retro shirt!

FanchesterCity said:
KippaxCitizen said:
FanchesterCity said:

It's there in our history, it's not like we've never worn them before. You might not like the combination, and that's a personal preference, but you can't just cherry pick aspects you like and say anything else isn't Manchester City.

What we are today is an accumulation of all that went before, and part of that is that we've worn sky blue shorts plenty of times in the past. I just don't see the problem, nor what is 'IS' Manchester City and what 'ISN'T'.

What's the right socks? we've had a far range of those too!

For me, as long as sky blue is the predominant colour in our kit, I really don't mind.

Exactly - and the sky blue shorts are not only there in our history but obviously present at one of the (if not THE) greatest moment of same.

I don't mind a slight bit of mixing things up from time to time. I am a "white shorts" partisan in general but wouldn't get too mental if we got sky blue ones once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.