new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
mansour's tow ropes said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Wow. Just wow. Comfortably the worst kit we have ever had.
man-city-reebok-06-07-man-city-home.jpg

Worse than all those except the orange. Certainly the worst home kit ever. And no people don't tend to buy the shorts but we still have to see the shorts every time we watch the team play. How someone along the design process or at the club hasn't objected to this is beyond me.

THIS is the worst home kit ever.

and I have it at home. with Barton 8 on the back.
facepalm.jpg

I have just sent an email to the club. We need to get as many as possible to do like wise. There is still time for them to reconsider, even if it just to change the horrendous shorts.

The following has been sent to the club, I urge other blues to do the same. As I said previously, Everton fans managed to effect change at their club, no reason why we can't.

mcfc@mcfc.co.uk

FAO: The MCFC Marketing Department.

To whom it may concern,

I would like to start by complimenting the club and your department over the last few years for engaging with the fans and listening to our views regarding the match day experience, stadium expansion, City Square, Etihad Campus, and general improvements throughout the club.

The regular questionnaires that you send out give the fans a voice, and while not everyone will share the same view, at least it gives the club an opportunity to hear the supporters opinion.

One area which I feel you have completely neglected to take the fan's view on board however, is the identity of the club.

As you point out on the website, you are the guardians of 130 years of history, and over those 130 years supporters have come to identify the club in a certain way. Firstly, the club is called Manchester City, secondly, it will always play within the boundaries of the City of Manchester, and thirdly, the team plays in blue and white.

So it is with great disappointment that I, and many other life long blues have today found out that next season the club will be playing without any white in the kit for the first time in our entire history.

I could never imagine Barcelona playing in an all blue kit. Or in an all red kit. Barcelona's identity is red and blue, so these two colours are always represented. Manchester City's identity is blue and white, yet next season we will play in all blue, with no white whatsoever. An identity that I, and many other supporters associate with Coventry City and not Manchester City.

Perhaps this was a decision made by Nike which the club had no say in? But if Nike proposed to change our name from Manchester City to something different, or demanded that the club move from it's home in Manchester to another city, would the club accept that?

I strongly urge you to send out a questionnaire to season ticket holders asking for fans view on this so that you can gauge the general opinion. Each supporter will have their own view of course, but given the choice, I would estimate less than 1% would choose to have no white included in the kit.

If less than 1% of fans were in favour of other changes at the club that you have proposed, would you go ahead with them?

From speaking with other City fans I know, and gauging reaction on fans forums, I would estimate the following:

100% of fans want us to wear sky blue shirts.

95% of supporters prefer us wearing white shorts.

There is a rather split view on the colour of socks, I would say roughly 45% prefer navy blue, 45% prefer sky blue, and 10% prefer white.

Given the question: Which colours should be represented in a Manchester City kit?
A. Blue and white B. Blue only. I would be stunned if more than 1% voted for B.

But please do not take my word for it, ask the fans.

I understand the need to change elements of the design of the kit each year for marketing purposes. But Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc have kit changes every year, but their core colours stay the same every season. Is Manchester City's identity not as important as those other clubs?

Could you imagine Manchester United playing in red shorts next season? If Nike suggested it, the club would instantly reject it, because they value the identity of the club. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have anyone that is mindful of this at Manchester City.

While I don't expect a reply, one would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Shaelumstash said:
The following has been sent to the club, I urge other blues to do the same. As I said previously, Everton fans managed to effect change at their club, no reason why we can't.

mcfc@mcfc.co.uk

To whom it may concern,

I would like to start by complimenting the club and your department over the last few years for engaging with the fans and listening to our views regarding the match day experience, stadium expansion, City Square, Etihad Campus, and general improvements throughout the club.

The regular questionnaires that you send out give the fans a voice, and while not everyone will share the same view, at least it gives the club an opportunity to hear the supporters opinion.

One area which I feel you have completely neglected to take the fan's view on board however, is the identity of the club.

As you point out on the website, you are the guardians of 130 years of history, and over those 130 years supporters have come to identify the club in a certain way. Firstly, the club is called Manchester City, secondly, it will always play within the boundaries of the City of Manchester, and thirdly, the team plays in blue and white.

So it is with great disappointment that I, and many other life long blues have today found out that next season the club will be playing without any white in the kit for the first time in our entire history.

I could never imagine Barcelona playing in an all blue kit. Or in an all red kit. Barcelona's identity is red and blue, so these two colours are always represented. Manchester City's identity is blue and white, yet next season we will play in all blue, with no white whatsoever. An identity that I, and many other supporters associate with Coventry City and not Manchester City.

Perhaps this was a decision made by Nike which the club had no say in? But if Nike proposed to change our name from Manchester City to something different, or demanded that the club move from it's home in Manchester to another city, would the club accept that?

I strongly urge you to send out a questionnaire to season ticket holders asking for fans view on this so that you can gauge the general opinion. Each supporter will have their own view of course, but given the choice, I would estimate less than 1% would choose to have no white included in the kit.

If less than 1% of fans were in favour of other changes at the club that you have proposed, would you go ahead with them?

From speaking with other City fans I know, and gauging reaction on fans forums, I would estimate the following:

There is a rather split view on the colour of socks, I would say roughly 45% prefer navy blue, 45% prefer sky blue, and 10% prefer white.

Given the question: Which colours should be represented in a Manchester City kit?

I understand the need to change elements of the design of the kit each year for marketing purposes. But Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc have kit changes every year, but their core colours stay the same every season. Is Manchester City's identity not as important as those other clubs?

Could you imagine Manchester United playing in red shorts next season? If Nike suggested it, the club would instantly reject it, because they value the identity of the club. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have anyone that is mindful of this at Manchester City.

Many thanks,

Superb post and email !

Copy and pasted then sent. Lets all do the same!

Rorz88 said:
Shaelumstash said:

mcfc@mcfc.co.uk

To whom it may concern,

Many thanks,

Superb post and email !

Wow, horrific.

Why don't clubs give fans the chance to recommend new kit designs, given fans are the ones who fork out the money to buy them.

Granted, nobody would buy that.

yakzson_ctid.Si said:
Copy and pasted then sent. Lets all do the same!

Rorz88 said:
Shaelumstash said:

mcfc@mcfc.co.uk

To whom it may concern,

Many thanks,

Superb post and email !

That's great man! Kudos!

For all those of you who like to go into a rage quickly, just a note, this is another render, not real and never will be real

But nevertheless, opinions?

Minus the faded Stripes, I think the home is decent, maybe a gold collar would look nice
Away(Black) looks class
3rd kit, don't really know what to say

896843c6-aea8-478e-8deb-bbf908b7297e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.