New Laws

Correct as it is now but once the rule changes that the ball doesn't need to leave the area then I would think the ball would have to be in play once the goal kick has been taken. This obviously needs clarifying.

Yes., it would. I think it would just be a retake.

From the current laws:
If the ball does not leave the penalty area or is touched by a player before it leaves the penalty area the kick is retaken.

I assume this would be a simple re-write - that the ball is in play if a defender plays the ball after the kick is taken.

Last edited:
The goal kick is interesting. So as I understand it the team who's goal kick it is can enter the area to receive the ball but the opposition cannot until the player has touched the ball. I can see Pep working on that one.
So, the keeper could just tap it a couple of yards forward and a defender could come into the box for it, allowing at least 10 yards of space between the defender and a pressing attacker. Sounds like it would encourage more passing out from the back. I believe the American Youth Soccer Association (at least in my area) just put a local rule into place for (I think) U10s and younger, that attackers can't be within 30 yards of goal when a goal kick's taken, to try to encourage passing out from the back while the kids are still working on their ball control and passing skills (like Phil Jones).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.