New Laws

I agree. I reckon they'll be outside - there's no indication of a change to that.
I think as the law stands at the moment the defending players can be inside the box as long as they don't touch the ball before its left the area. Its only the opposing team that are required to stay out of the area.

I think as the law stands at the moment the defending players can be inside the box as long as they don't touch the ball before its left the area. Its only the opposing team that are required to stay out of the area.

Sounds right. Certainly kicks have been taken when defenders are in - it's a hindrance to the team taking the kick, so no reason to stop it.

It’s not clear yet I don’t think.
It would take a specific law change for the first so my take would be that they'd have to be outside.

Edit, scrap this ^^^ it doesn't.

Also, there's a huge potential problem I can see with this re time wasting.
If a goal kick doesn't have to leave the area, as a defender can touch the ball inside the area, but an attacker can't, what's to stop a ball being played dead weight to a spot inside the area to waste time?

It would take a specific law change for the first so my take would be that they'd have to be outside.

Edit, scrap this ^^^ it doesn't.

Also, there's a huge potential problem I can see with this re time wasting.
If a goal kick doesn't have to leave the area, as a defender can touch the ball inside the area, but an attacker can't, what's to stop a ball being played dead weight to a spot inside the area to waste time?
As soon as the goal kick is taken the ball would be in play, so the opponents can enter the area

Nope. Not until an outfield player has touched the ball.
Correct as it is now but once the rule changes that the ball doesn't need to leave the area then I would think the ball would have to be in play once the goal kick has been taken. This obviously needs clarifying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.