New MCFC Fanaticals Group. (Help Needed)

NorthernBoy said:
Good Evening All,
Once Again The Feedback Keeps Coming In, We're All In Agreement The Term "Mancunia" Will Not Be Used Within This Group, It Was Just An Idea And The Idea Of This Thread Was To Get The Thoughts Of You Lot, So It's Great We Were Able To Get A Conclusive Decision On That.
We Have Also Been In Contact With "The Blue Alliance" Today, And I Must Say From What I'm Hearing It's Quite Exciting, I Havn't Directly Spoke To Any Of Them Yet But One Of Our Lads Has Been In Discussions All Day. The Basic Mindset For Both Of Us Is That We Should Be Working Together, We Seem To Be On The Same Wave Lenth In Many Departments. We've Come Up With A Great Blueprint On Solving The Ever Appearing Problem That Is "How To Get All The Group Together Inside The Ground?" And I Will Be Able To Share This Plan Once We've Ironed Out All The Details.

As Regards To The Eastlands Bar, Nothing Is Yet Set In Stone, We Will Be Meeting With Them Next Week To Figure Out If It's The Best Place For Us, But With The Swansea Game Fast Approaching We Need Atleast Somewhere To Meet Up Before The Game Just To Get Familiar With Some Faces And Make Ourselves Known.
We're Starting Work On The Banners Next Tuesday So Hope To Have Five On Display For The Swansea Game. But Still Need Help Designing The Ideas On The Original Post.

Things Are Looking Good, And Thanks Again For Your Input, It's A Huge Help,
Nice One.
Good to see you're taking the next steps. I like what the Blue Alliance are doing, working together will be good, the bigger the group the better. I remember a Celtic fan coming on here a while ago and saying it took the Green Brigade a number of years before they got any proper recognition from Celtic FC but they now have their own section of Park Head and they really make a difference to the atmosphere at Celtic. So everyone needs to keep at it as the hard work will pay off in the end (although one Northwich blue was made to take his "MCFC - NORTHERN SOUL" banner down at the CoMS by City because it had a fist on it [I know! CHRIST ALMIGHTY, CITY!] so we wont be helped along the way by City, that's for sure!).

I'm an enthusiastic atmosphere maker. Unfortunately, I sit in block 105 where only about eight people bother singing. Saying that, I don't feel that either the singing sections or vocal areas are worth being part of so I go to home games for the great view and go to away games to make a racket. I long for a Kippax back at City. A few meager blocks either side of the away fans will NEVER satisfy me!! I think this brings the club down. It doesn't matter how successful we may be, until we have a proper stand for atmosphere we won't be the club we want to be. Half the mystique of Liverpool comes from the Kop. Yes they've won a lot of trophies but the Kop is the most famous thing about LFC. The die Südtribüne is the most famous thing about Borussia Dortmund, not their 90's Champions Lg win or BundesLige triumphs!

This may be a long way off, but all fans who can see the bigger picture away from doing wanker signs to some Cockney twat who's on the other side of the stewards divide and realise that Aris fans have for it right (doesn't matter if there are no opposition fans or 5 times as many, they still make a better atmosphere than any given opposition!). As the years go by we might have enough numbers to force City to make room for a proper full atmosphere stand at the Etihad but that's in the future!

For now though bringing colour, flags, banners and noise to City is still desperately needed. The two best atmospheres at home last season weren't created by City fans! I've had a few banner ideas but not ever put aside the money to do so, I often post new songs here on Bluemoon, plus I will be joining the Blue Alliance OSC (although not been able to make either meeting they've held so far) soon.. so you may see that I'm quite enthusiastic about things like this sort of thing!

Keep us posted on your goings on!

NorthernBoy said:
A Logo And A Name Is Something We Want To Get Sorted

blues.jpg
<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:33 pm --<br /><br />
danburge82 said:
NorthernBoy said:
Good Evening All,
Once Again The Feedback Keeps Coming In, We're All In Agreement The Term "Mancunia" Will Not Be Used Within This Group, It Was Just An Idea And The Idea Of This Thread Was To Get The Thoughts Of You Lot, So It's Great We Were Able To Get A Conclusive Decision On That.
We Have Also Been In Contact With "The Blue Alliance" Today, And I Must Say From What I'm Hearing It's Quite Exciting, I Havn't Directly Spoke To Any Of Them Yet But One Of Our Lads Has Been In Discussions All Day. The Basic Mindset For Both Of Us Is That We Should Be Working Together, We Seem To Be On The Same Wave Lenth In Many Departments. We've Come Up With A Great Blueprint On Solving The Ever Appearing Problem That Is "How To Get All The Group Together Inside The Ground?" And I Will Be Able To Share This Plan Once We've Ironed Out All The Details.

As Regards To The Eastlands Bar, Nothing Is Yet Set In Stone, We Will Be Meeting With Them Next Week To Figure Out If It's The Best Place For Us, But With The Swansea Game Fast Approaching We Need Atleast Somewhere To Meet Up Before The Game Just To Get Familiar With Some Faces And Make Ourselves Known.
We're Starting Work On The Banners Next Tuesday So Hope To Have Five On Display For The Swansea Game. But Still Need Help Designing The Ideas On The Original Post.

Things Are Looking Good, And Thanks Again For Your Input, It's A Huge Help,
Nice One.
Good to see you're taking the next steps. I like what the Blue Alliance are doing, working together will be good, the bigger the group the better. I remember a Celtic fan coming on here a while ago and saying it took the Green Brigade a number of years before they got any proper recognition from Celtic FC but they now have their own section of Park Head and they really make a difference to the atmosphere at Celtic. So everyone needs to keep at it as the hard work will pay off in the end (although one Northwich blue was made to take his "MCFC - NORTHERN SOUL" banner down at the CoMS by City because it had a fist on it [I know! CHRIST ALMIGHTY, CITY!] so we wont be helped along the way by City, that's for sure!).

I'm an enthusiastic atmosphere maker. Unfortunately, I sit in block 105 where only about eight people bother singing. Saying that, I don't feel that either the singing sections or vocal areas are worth being part of so I go to home games for the great view and go to away games to make a racket. I long for a Kippax back at City. A few meager blocks either side of the away fans will NEVER satisfy me!! I think this brings the club down. It doesn't matter how successful we may be, until we have a proper stand for atmosphere we won't be the club we want to be. Half the mystique of Liverpool comes from the Kop. Yes they've won a lot of trophies but the Kop is the most famous thing about LFC. The die Südtribüne is the most famous thing about Borussia Dortmund, not their 90's Champions Lg win or BundesLige triumphs!

This may be a long way off, but all fans who can see the bigger picture away from doing wanker signs to some Cockney twat who's on the other side of the stewards divide and realise that Aris fans have for it right (doesn't matter if there are no opposition fans or 5 times as many, they still make a better atmosphere than any given opposition!). As the years go by we might have enough numbers to force City to make room for a proper full atmosphere stand at the Etihad but that's in the future!

For now though bringing colour, flags, banners and noise to City is still desperately needed. The two best atmospheres at home last season weren't created by City fans! I've had a few banner ideas but not ever put aside the money to do so, I often post new songs here on Bluemoon, plus I will be joining the Blue Alliance OSC (although not been able to make either meeting they've held so far) soon.. so you may see that I'm quite enthusiastic about things like this sort of thing!

Keep us posted on your goings on!

Spot on, fuck the away fans off elsewhere.

Manchester bee... Buzzer... Got to be something in that?

Blues Brothers is a good one. The logo could be the shades/hat. Doesn't this already exist on a banner somewhere or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Didsbury Dave said:
TonyM said:
Good on ya NorthernBoy for starting this. Think it's great to see people stand up and do something themselves.

As someone said earlier ... No macho stuff. Just make it a better day/night out for everyone (opposition included).

I'd like us to be different. One way might be for us .... here's my wacky idea .... to show support towards our opposition as well as our own before and during the game. For example, give the "fanatical members" a songsheet to learn each week that contains a couple of oppostion songs and a couple of our own. also tell them to bring two tshirts/scarves/whatever. One Blue&white and one the colour of the opposition. Then before the game and at certain points of the game sing both set of songs and wave the appropriate scarf/flag.

In general I'd love to see us try to get the opposition fans loving coming to our place. Let the media hate us, let the armchair opposition fans hate us, let the hardmen everywhere hate us, let Platini and the politicians hate us,... but let's have anyone entering the Ethihad Stadium love us.

Think cuddly toys. :-)

This had better be a joke.

Everton, Everton ra ra ra

LOL !!! Still think making the effort to include other fans would be unique and ...... Nice.

Good luck with this NorthernBoy, it sounds like the start of something that could really take off if you keep at it. When both Lech Poznan and Aris came here they showed what could be achieved. I think like 1.618034 said you will need more than one bar to increase the likelihood of people taking this idea up. The more exposure you can get round the pubs/ground the better. Looking forward to seeing how this takes off and seeing some new flags around the ground.

Banner ideas I've had recently:

1. [Like the ones the club has random guys waving pitchside before the game on a long stick.] On one side:
Maroon background and three gold diagonal (middle top to middle right) stripes from the Mcr CoA and our old badge:
manchest.jpg

3335667179_e89307511d.jpg

mancityencyclopedia.jpg

with MANCHESTER in the bottom left corner in gold.

on the other side:
the same design but the background in Sky and the stripes in white with CITY written in the bottom left corner!

Simple yet effective!

2. A more personal one with the flag in three equal horizontal sections (Sky at the top; White in the middle; Sky at the bottom) with "TIMPERLEY BLUES" in big letters in the top section, Frank Sidebottom's eyes in the middle section, and "we love you city! oh we do, we really do!" in the bottom section with smaller writing.

3. I want to find the bloke who used to put a flag up in the East Stand that had three horizontal section (top Sky, middle white, bottom maroon) with the statement "MCFC, TOTALLY WIRED SINCE '76!" on it and see if he's got any new flag ideas.

That's it for now.

We Have A Banner Design That Involves The Bee, We Hope To Have It On Display Within The Next Month Or Two.
To "danburge82", Another Great Post, It's People Like Yourself That We Need On Board, You Have Some Great Ideas. The Way We Intend To Combat Having All The Group Together Is To Take An Alternative Approach, Rather Than The Fans Moving To The Group, We Move The Group To The Fans, I.E. A South Stand Division, A 110/111 Division, A Colin Bell Division, Etc. This Is An Idea That I Feel Can Work With Correct, In-Depth Planning, But Of Course Like Anything It's Something That Will Happen Over Time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.