New MCFC Fanaticals Group. (Help Needed)

Good Luck With This Northern Boy.

I Do Think Though That The Ultras Thing Should Be Avoided. When I See English Ultras I Think 'Wannabes'. It Is Something I Would Expect From Stockport County Not City. In Fact I Would Laugh If Someone Like Everton Called Themselves Ultras.

This Capital Thing Is A Right Pain In The Arse BTW.

Best of luck to you Northen Boy, i applaud anyone who gets up off their backsides and does something positive. Maybe you could work alongside the Blue Alliance? We don't want to get like PSG and you both kicking off at a game some time soon because you have different views ;-)

Just one polite request though mate, please don't call it ultra's, i think that name in England is for small time clubs and please don't start chanting dale cavese like all english "ultra's" do, probably the worst song/tune in footballing history and is very small time.

Good luck.

BarrowBlue said:
Link to two short videos to show what can be achieved even on a small scale.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UltrasBarrovia08#p/a/u/1/EoseMIQHnE8

PMSL! The Barrow Ultras with smoke bombs!

I did like the masks that they had though. 1,000 Balotelli masks printed out would be piss funny if you were all sat together. All for getting the atmosphere going though so good luck with it.

Sounds a cracking idea NB, top marks for effort. Definitely up for anything to improve the atmosphere at the ground, Poznan and Aris were incredible.

This idea won't go anywhere until the fans who want to sing and go mad are allocated a section of the stadium. As it currently stands, you'll be split up all over the stadium and unfortunately seated with people who don't want to join in.

They need to build a kop with people packed in tightly. The eastlands bowl is too cosy, with large gaps between the seats.

NorthernBoy said:
southern muppet said:
Pigeonho said:
I just don't think it's in the persona of the English fan to act like our continental cousins. Not sure why that is, could be the stiff upper lip thing the Yanks accuse us of, but there is definitely a more reserved approach to being a British football fan than a Turkish one, Spanish one et al. I think that is why it doesn't work as well as it does abroad. There are pockets of them, yes, but like the Curva Sud for example in the Stadio Olympico, I don't think it will ever be like that because we as Brits are generally just more reserved as people.

You could say the same about the Germans, they're a north European people pretty similar to the English, and south European fan culture caught on there.

The reasons it won't here (and I agree it won't) are more to do with all-seater stadia and lack of alcohol in grounds.
Great Point Well Made, And I Understand Your Point About All Seater Stadiums But I Have Faith It Can Be Resolved With Hard Work And Correct Planning.

-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:30 pm --

*Project Update
Plans Are Well Underway For The First Game Of The Season Pre Game Meet-Up,
We're Pleased To Say We've Managed To Speak With The "Eastlands Bar" And Both Parties Are Impressed With Each Others Stance, We Are Having A Formal Meeting This Coming Monday To Discuss Final Details.
We Will Use The Eastlands Bar To,
• Display Latest Banners (Hope To Have Five On Display For Opening Game)
• Meet New Faces Of Hardcore Blues Who Want To Get Involved With This Project
• DJ's Will Be Spinning The Finest Music Available Anywhere On A Matchday (Madchester, Indie, Northern Soul, Motown, House, Disco, Etc)
• Generally Create A Great Vibe For Like Minded Blues Craving An Alternative Matchday Experience.

The Bar Itself Has alot To Offer Including
• Outdoor Area With Music
• Hot Food Stands
• 6 Pint Beer Pullers For Quick Service

It Has All The Making For A Suberb Opening Doo. This Project Is Only Going To Work If The Numbers Are Great Enough, It's As Simple As That, We'll Be Putting In A Lot Of Hard Work In The Next Few Weeks To Ensure The Swansea Game Meet Up Is A Success And We Hope To See Many Of You Lot Down There.
I Would Also Like To Use This Post Again To Plead With People To Help Design The Banner Ideas Posted In The Original Post, Once We Have The Design We Can Almost Instantly Create The Physical Banner.

The Naming Of The Group Is Still Up In The Air So We'd Love To Hear Ideas For That,
Stand Out Name So Far Is "Citizens Mancuina" (Abbreviation "CM11")

I Think Thats It For Now,
Thanks Again For Your Time.

May i ask why such a jump to 'get in bed with eastlands bar?' No disrespect to Mickeys bar - we go there regularly and enjoy the atmosphere. If your post was intending to seek opinion / gain ideas / get like minded blues together i feel you may have made a mistake making such a committment before your group has formed or discussed such matters.
BA has made great progress last year with the same stated aims as yourselves, some reference to BA is therefore important if nothing else to set yourself apart. In the past the fanzine culture exploded with similar references and was one of the reasons city had so many fanzines back in the day - with great sucess i shud add.
Goodluck anyway

Wow, what a great idea!

Hasn't anyone else come up with this before?!

Thanks to all that came to the Blue Alliance/City Centre Blues meeting on Sunday. Next meeting is the day before the Swansea game, and there is still time to sign up.

love the idea OP. don't see anything wrong with the word Ultras either. people know what Ultra's are. They are more about the spectacle. Hang banners, organize large displays in the stadium, etc...<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:43 am --<br /><br />p.s. my team Olympiakos have such a group and put on large displays behind the net for important matches...

19691297.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.