New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new away kit is now in the Kitbag warehouse being prepared for the launch. Its the 2 tone black shirt with gold etihad logo and badge.

went in the city store earlier, horrible tacky quality. Says it all when the training shirt is actually a nicer feel than the rubbish they've served up as a home shirt, it looks dreadful.

Really needs sorting for next season even if it means we have a Players edition kit sold only in the club stores and online on the OS and it be a 5er or 10er max more expensive made like the Umbro shirts with a stitched on badge and quality feel. With a club that's looking to set itself apart from its top rivals and one of their USP's was their stylish and classy Umbro kits, to take that away and serve the fans up tacky poor quality products is just sending the complete wrong message. It needs sorting for next season.

Thank you for yourrecent email to Manchester City Customer Services

which has been passed to me.We are sorry to hear of your disappointment

at the new kits.

The price increase isas a result of our new partnership with the bigger

and more internationalisedsportswear brand, Nike. The adultshirt has a

suggested retail price of £60 which is in line with Nike’sother top

European club shirts and the England shirt. Nike set thewholesale price

and it is a retailer’s decision on what price they setfor retail. The

cost reflects value to the consumer through design,

innovation,development, manufacturing, and retailing. City Stores are

pricing the adultshirt at £55.

Regarding yourfeedback on the minikits for our young fans; our aim is

to maintain the club’s identity and allowfans to express their support

through replica shirts. The choice in neck linefor the Little Boys kits

was based on keeping the overall visual, whilstsimplifying the neck

line construction for younger fans.

We do, however, appreciate your feedback and will be taking this

intoconsideration in the development of next season’s kits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i never mentioned nothing about the neck line....i complained about the iron on badges!

goatinho said:
Thank you for yourrecent email to Manchester City Customer Services

which has been passed to me.We are sorry to hear of your disappointment

at the new kits.

The price increase isas a result of our new partnership with the bigger

and more internationalisedsportswear brand, Nike. The adultshirt has a

suggested retail price of £60 which is in line with Nike’sother top

European club shirts and the England shirt. Nike set thewholesale price

and it is a retailer’s decision on what price they setfor retail. The

cost reflects value to the consumer through design,

innovation,development, manufacturing, and retailing. City Stores are

pricing the adultshirt at £55.

Regarding yourfeedback on the minikits for our young fans; our aim is

to maintain the club’s identity and allowfans to express their support

through replica shirts. The choice in neck linefor the Little Boys kits

was based on keeping the overall visual, whilstsimplifying the neck

line construction for younger fans.

We do, however, appreciate your feedback and will be taking this

intoconsideration in the development of next season’s kits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i never mentioned nothing about the neck line....i complained about the iron on badges!

someone obviously doesn't use the spell checker lol

I dont understand you guys...drifit material is the standard and its great. Umbro's cotton sure feels good but when playing a game and sweating its not ideal. DRIFIT is here to stay.

9f1.gif

AdamoTheGreat said:
I dont understand you guys...drifit material is the standard and its great. Umbro's cotton sure feels good but when playing a game and sweating its not ideal. DRIFIT is here to stay.
I would say 75% of fans who wear shirts don't play a game and sweat in them. Therefore DriFit is just a waste of time for fans' replicas.

I 'know' someone who used to work for Umbro/ Nike and Dri fit is just a label - there is no actual technology other than its a polyester shirt with an open mesh therefore it will let air in and improve wicking. When nike took the kits off Umbro they just took existing templates and dropped the appliqué (patch) badge on. They were offered the new Umbro kits which were amazing and had been approved by the club but it was cheaper, more profitable and easier for them to do what they did. City are a tier 2 club for Nike (the likes of Barca, the scum and Brazil are tier 1) and as such we will always get a template rather than a bespoke kit and until nike develop another 'technical' fabric we will get the plastic polyester sh@te we have got now. The nike kits are designed to be mass produced cheaply and this is why the fit and construction is so basic. The Umbro kits were tailored and had lots of panels and darts in to give a sleek fit to follow the contours of the body - this is what the player version of the nike one is like. The nike fans version uses the minimal number of pieces of material hence why the fit is cr&p. I for one will not be purchasing the new kit. Having said all this the socks are amazing - a quality piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.