New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
the main problems are the price, the quality and that shield.

found out the shield was done because of the 3 star that are floating above the main crest stop Nike creating 1 custom shaped backing for the shirt around the crest. with the 3 stars, it meant having to have 4 seperate backings (3 stars and the rest of the crest) and that meant adding to production costs and time. So the shield was a shortcut measure, nothing more.

if Nike took the time and did the backings just around the actual crest, like on all the other clubs they do kits for, the kits would look far better.
We should fuck those stupid stars off now. They're amateur.

neildrum said:
Anyone else notice our keepers wore all purple in tonight's friendly!? That must mean we are going to have 3 keeper tops! Although all 3 may not go on sale we currently have a green and black one for sale: <a class="postlink" href="http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/kit_selector.aspx?selectorid=532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/p ... ctorid=532</a>

We had 3 last keeper tops last year, a green one, blue and also a yellow one which was worn in the charity shield when Costel had to quickly change and occasionally in the champions league. To my knowledge this wasn't publicly available to buy!?

I wonder though if we have gotten to the stage of having 3 keeper tops for sale, with the purple one being launched with the away or 3rd/european kits!?

We had a purple one last year too, not blue.

blueunit said:
neildrum said:
Anyone else notice our keepers wore all purple in tonight's friendly!? That must mean we are going to have 3 keeper tops! Although all 3 may not go on sale we currently have a green and black one for sale: <a class="postlink" href="http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/products/kit_selector.aspx?selectorid=532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shop.mcfc.co.uk/stores/mancity/p ... ctorid=532</a>

We had 3 last keeper tops last year, a green one, blue and also a yellow one which was worn in the charity shield when Costel had to quickly change and occasionally in the champions league. To my knowledge this wasn't publicly available to buy!?

I wonder though if we have gotten to the stage of having 3 keeper tops for sale, with the purple one being launched with the away or 3rd/european kits!?

We had a purple one last year too, not blue.

I'd still say it was more a deep blue but I know what you mean as it did look purple on camera sometimes, although the one last night was more traditional purple! :/

hi-res-173967593_crop_650.jpg

Joe-Hart_7.jpg

My main point was the potential of having 3 goalkeeper tops for sale along side 3 outfield shirts, could be an expensive few months for some parents!

niiiiiicccceeeee ...... having that.

makes sense having 3 GK tops if we have one the same colour as the away kit.

they are selling that to me .... even if they are planning not to!

my mission begins ..... email to the CS at City:

Hello City Fan Helper,

You may be able to help me, a City fan .... from Manchester(!!!!) ...... with one question I have.

All it takes is a simple Yes or No response, I don’t need specific details, like date or price or anything that will be deemed confidential if planning another one of these ‘pre-order-guess the kit’ gimmicks.

All I care about is .... following the game last night, Joe Hart (who looks a bit like my Uncle .. must be a Shrewsbury thing .... anyways) was wearing a Purple kit!! A Purple City Kit ... at last .... after 21 years we have another iconic purple kit.

Now, my fear is .... this wont be made available to buy. Like the yellow 3rd GK Umbro one last year.

I wont be buying the blue, the black, the white, the green, or the other black one.

All I need to know is ..... will the Purple Goalkeeper 3rd Shirt be available to buy? Yes or No.

(Please let me know either way, because after seeing the Purple kit Joe was wearing, I’ve just taken out a House re-mortgage to help pay for the shirt.)

CTID

Cheers’Ears!

neildrum said:
My main point was the potential of having 3 goalkeeper tops for sale along side 3 outfield shirts, could be an expensive few months for some parents!

Well more fool the parents who feel the need to buy their kid every kit available.

Never Mind The Pollocks said:
neildrum said:

Well more fool the parents who feel the need to buy their kid every kit available.

More parents are worried now the benefits cap they can only buy 1 shirt per season lol

ZabbaStuntDouble said:

Hello City Fan Helper,

You may be able to help me, a City fan .... from Manchester(!!!!) ...... with one question I have.

All it takes is a simple Yes or No response, I don’t need specific details, like date or price or anything that will be deemed confidential if planning another one of these ‘pre-order-guess the kit’ gimmicks.

All I care about is .... following the game last night, Joe Hart (who looks a bit like my Uncle .. must be a Shrewsbury thing .... anyways) was wearing a Purple kit!! A Purple City Kit ... at last .... after 21 years we have another iconic purple kit.

Now, my fear is .... this wont be made available to buy. Like the yellow 3rd GK Umbro one last year.

I wont be buying the blue, the black, the white, the green, or the other black one.

All I need to know is ..... will the Purple Goalkeeper 3rd Shirt be available to buy? Yes or No.

(Please let me know either way, because after seeing the Purple kit Joe was wearing, I’ve just taken out a House re-mortgage to help pay for the shirt.)

CTID

Cheers’Ears!

Ill bet you the white stripes are missing off the fans shirts. As they are with the other two keeper shirts that are out already

blueunit said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

Hello City Fan Helper,

CTID

Cheers’Ears!

Ill bet you the white stripes are missing off the fans shirts. As they are with the other two keeper shirts that are out already

I think, although I could be wrong, the white stripes/strips on the shoulders is only on the short sleeve version of the keepers top which I think is not on sale. The long sleeve versions we can buy have the white stripes/strips closer to the wrists! See pic below:

460x.jpg

blueunit said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

Hello City Fan Helper,

CTID

Cheers’Ears!

arent they on the lower arms with the long sleeved versions, only the stripes are on the shoulders for the short sleeve version?

Better without the masking tape i think.

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
blueunit said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:

arent they on the lower arms with the long sleeved versions, only the stripes are on the shoulders for the short sleeve version?

Better without the masking tape i think.

Yeah deffo different depending if long or short sleeves!, I found a pic when Richard Wright played in USA friendly against Chelsea where the white stripe is lower at the wrist, he seems to prefer long sleeves where as Joe & Costel have recently opted for short!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.