New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wear the 2010 Umbro shirt ( round neck ) and thats in better condition after 3 years than the Nike was after 3 days !!!!
cheap plastic shite!! ......

Good evening!

I was wondering if I should buy the new home kit now as you get a 20 % discount on everything you buy from the City online shop. Because of that I wonder how the sizes on the kits are. I am 6.1 feet and I weigh about 160 pounds. Pretty normal in other words.
I would appreciate it if someone would share some experiences with the kit's sizing so I can avoid buying a too big/small one.

Cheers in advance!

panzer1311 said:
Caveman said:
Stiss said:
Got my shirt the other Sunday. Wore it once to play 5 a side and it's resulted in two small pulls right under the Etihad printing.

I've had last three seasons Umbro shirts and they've been worn twice a week for five a side, thus washed twice since they launched until the new one launched and they are all in top order. Not a single mark, pull, loose thread or tear on any of them.

I've also got a Spain away shirt which sometimes gets a run out, this is made by Adidas and it's the silky fabric but this too has never pulled.

I think the loose spun fabric design is at fault here, it's not great to be honest. And I feel a little aggrieved to say the least.
Adidas are probably the most elite brand in the sportswear market. they produce some very high quality products.
apparently Adidas were in the running to be City's new kit supplier , but Nike offered more money .......
what a mistake !!! , Nike are Toss !!
I have always found Nike to be extremely overpriced for the tacky and flimsy quality of the products they produce.

Wondering how hard would it be to produce a cotton version of the new kit?. The nike kit for sale is not what the players wear anway, so why not make it more consumer freindly, and hardwearing?

another generation said:
Question from my Dad, just to stop him ranting: To anyone who has bought this season's shirt, where are they made?
It's made in Indonesia, kompis.

skandreas said:
Good evening!

I was wondering if I should buy the new home kit now as you get a 20 % discount on everything you buy from the City online shop. Because of that I wonder how the sizes on the kits are. I am 6.1 feet and I weigh about 160 pounds. Pretty normal in other words.
I would appreciate it if someone would share some experiences with the kit's sizing so I can avoid buying a too big/small one.

Cheers in advance!
I think the 20% was for only three hrs yesterday!!?

Hello fellow Blues....

It's been quite a while since I last posted, even though I do read the forums, but I've been dispatched in South Korea for the past year and half teaching English over here. As you can imagine, the rags have a considerable following here, however ever sine Park JS left, interest in the rags have dwindled considerably. Interest in City is still relatively small, but increasing. I've managed to get quite a few of my middle school boys to support City, even if just to be cheeky with their foreign teacher....

Btw I should say that I'm in Pohang, which is a small port city on the southeast coast, so rather far from the capital city (Seoul) and I'd like to think of myself owning the largest collection of City shirts in the City ( the first two Umbro shirts and the Wembley 99 Kappa shirt, my pride and joy!) but I just saw my first City shirt on a Korean the other day ('10-'11) but more importantly I came across the new kit on full display at the downtown Nike Store which got me excited...

http://Instagram.com/p/b52wDhvTn5/

Regardless of what you think of the new kits, without a doubt Nike is giving the club much more exposure globally...I'm definitely going to buy one come payday next week, even if my heart feels a bit conflicted by purchasing a Nike product...

PS: apologies for using an Instagram URL, I don't know how to grab the image URL from my phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.