New PL Commercial rule passed (pg4) | City rumoured to be questioning the legality

giphy.gif

Here's a question. I guess everyone realises these new rules are an attempt to reduce the effectiveness of City's and, increasingly, Newcastle's commercial departments so that United, Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe Tottenham remain competitive.

If we accept that, and the increasing levels of desperation shown, to the point of illegality, how is it that some still struggle with the notion that the PL would try to influence game results throughout a season maintain the value of the "product"?

Is it that there is a rationale for accepting the first hypothesis but dismissing the second that I am failing to understand? Or maybe neither hypothesis is accepted?

Note I didn't say the PL are trying to stop City winning, just that they want to maximise the value of the league (by keeping it competitive and having the most popular clubs in the mix) so no obfuscation with comments like "Well, they aren't doing a very good job then, are they?", please :)

We are refereed totally different then any other club take Saturday city breathed on an Everton player he dives a free kick later in the second half Grealish gets taken out in our half referee let Everton play on! It's subtle buts it's there every game we play! Scousers the rags have favourable home refs we don't have a fair referee at home..

We are refereed totally different then any other club take Saturday city breathed on an Everton player he dives a free kick later in the second half Grealish gets taken out in our half referee let Everton play on! It's subtle buts it's there every game we play! Scousers the rags have favourable home refs we don't have a fair referee at home..
The Rags always seem to get reffed as the home team even when they're away.
Yesterday being another example.
Compare some of the yellow cards in the game to rat face's challenge on Bailey.
Just a ticking off for the "home captain" I mean the rags skipper

Try the Premier League Handbook section on The Rules, under Definitions. Look for "Associated Party". You can't miss it.
Why can you not just tell me ? I looked in the handbook and all I could see was that there is basically this thing and you have to submit the evidence and we decide not what it actual is

Why can you not just tell me ? I looked in the handbook and all I could see was that there is basically this thing and you have to submit the evidence and we decide not what it actual is

You are having a laugh now, aren't you?

The definitions are in Section A of the rules in the handbook. Associated party and associated party transactions. Pages 81 and 82 of the handbook.

I don't know how I can be any clearer.

If you want to read the current rules for the assessment of "associated" party transactions, look at rules E55 to E75. They will change soon to include the new rules.

All references to the 2023/24 handbook so you don't look at the wrong one.

Well firstly I’ll add that I was born in the Ashton/Audenshaw area of Greater Manchester although both my parents are geordies and I’ve lived in Newcastle nearly all my life and always had a slight, and I mean slight leaning towards City rather than your neighbours.

I can’t speak for others up here but was disappointed when our former waste of space owner Ashley, aka FCB, fat cockney bastard, messed up a meeting with your owners who I believe were looking at possibly buying Newcastle. Many are now fully aware up here of how the current cartel operates and are hoping the whole corrupt twats are brought down.
It’s a bit of a sliding doors moment in both of our respective histories but I have to question if you guys would be where we are now. You are a single club city very isolated from the rest of the UK whether we are close neighbours to the nemesis of UK football. Newcastle itself is a city in need of economic investment whether Manchester is the fastest growing city centre in Europe and has been for a long time.

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure success would have followed for your wonderful club but investment or no investment city are where they are today because of Pep. He was willing to buy into the project and swap sunny Barcelona for rainy Manchester, but cold windy Tyneside?

We will never know but the history of football and football clubs is full of these twists and fates and many never knows.

I get the feeling this rule is being brought in as the PL haven't got a chance of getting a conviction on any of their 115 charges. Just putting another obstacle in the way of our inexorable rise.

To all those clubs who supported this my message is,don't get bitter, get better.

The sooner we take the Premier League to court to break the red top cartel once and for all the better.

It’s a bit of a sliding doors moment in both of our respective histories but I have to question if you guys would be where we are now. You are a single club city very isolated from the rest of the UK whether we are close neighbours to the nemesis of UK football. Newcastle itself is a city in need of economic investment whether Manchester is the fastest growing city centre in Europe and has been for a long time.

Don’t get me wrong I’m sure success would have followed for your wonderful club but investment or no investment city are where they are today because of Pep. He was willing to buy into the project and swap sunny Barcelona for rainy Manchester, but cold windy Tyneside?

We will never know but the history of football and football clubs is full of these twists and fates and many never knows.
You clearly haven’t been to Newcastle, isolated? Newcastle is on the main East Coast London to Edinburgh line, has its own international airport, granted not as big as Manchester Airport With flights all over Europe as well as the Middle East and the US. Not as isolated as you make out And Newcastle has a reputation as one of the top party cities in the UK. As for being cold and windy, believe me it isn’t and we get a fraction of the rainfall the north west of the country gets and specifically Manchester.

Add to this, for those that want it, we have some of the most stunning coast line in the UK and a World Heritage site, Hadrians Wall. Tyne and Wear has a population of 1.2 million, yes not as big as Manchester.

Being a one club city does have its advantages too, although the rivalry between us and our near neighbours is at times hostile shall we say. NUFC has a large following not just from in Tyne and Wear but also County Durham and Northumberland. What we currently have is one of the richest wealth funds in the world backing us, it may take a while to shake off the financial shackles imposed by the old cartel clubs but it will happen given the anti competitive nature of the new rules.

Our future is brighter than it ever has been in our history going forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.