New PL Commercial rule passed (pg4) | City rumoured to be questioning the legality

My response to the cunts now is everyone knows you’ve cheated, accept the 10 pts & whatever’s coming….

Empathy tank is empty..
Really? The redtops force through rules which are probably unenforceable, rules which one redtop team at least would have broken every year between 1986 and 1993, a version of which they broke last season but now anyone who breaks them is a cheat? Playing while having taken PEDs is cheating. Influencing referees is cheating? Bullying and intimidating officials for unfavourable decisions is cheating. Spending on your own team is not.

Here's a question. I guess everyone realises these new rules are an attempt to reduce the effectiveness of City's and, increasingly, Newcastle's commercial departments so that United, Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe Tottenham remain competitive.

If we accept that, and the increasing levels of desperation shown, to the point of illegality, how is it that some still struggle with the notion that the PL would try to influence game results throughout a season maintain the value of the "product"?

Is it that there is a rationale for accepting the first hypothesis but dismissing the second that I am failing to understand? Or maybe neither hypothesis is accepted?

Note I didn't say the PL are trying to stop City winning, just that they want to maximise the value of the league (by keeping it competitive and having the most popular clubs in the mix) so no obfuscation with comments like "Well, they aren't doing a very good job then, are they?", please :)
I have always said that if you believe football isnt bent you still believe in the tooth fairy and santa clause, whether it be inherent bias or just flat out cheating i dont believe for one second that the pl isnt run at the behest of a few clubs and decisions and rules are made accordingly, whether that works or not who knows but there is too much evidence out there for it to be blindly dismissed as a conspiracy theory.

You clearly haven’t been to Newcastle, isolated? Newcastle is on the main East Coast London to Edinburgh line, has its own international airport, granted not as big as Manchester Airport With flights all over Europe as well as the Middle East and the US. Not as isolated as you make out And Newcastle has a reputation as one of the top party cities in the UK. As for being cold and windy, believe me it isn’t and we get a fraction of the rainfall the north west of the country gets and specifically Manchester.

Add to this, for those that want it, we have some of the most stunning coast line in the UK and a World Heritage site, Hadrians Wall. Tyne and Wear has a population of 1.2 million, yes not as big as Manchester.

Being a one club city does have its advantages too, although the rivalry between us and our near neighbours is at times hostile shall we say. NUFC has a large following not just from in Tyne and Wear but also County Durham and Northumberland. What we currently have is one of the richest wealth funds in the world backing us, it may take a while to shake off the financial shackles imposed by the old cartel clubs but it will happen given the anti competitive nature of the new rules.

Our future is brighter than it ever has been in our history going forward.
Agree with a lot you’ve said but Manchester isn’t the wettest place in uk Cardiff is.

Agree with a lot you’ve said but Manchester isn’t the wettest place in uk Cardiff is.
agreed but both on the west side of the country and the weather mostly comes inoff the Atlantic. Mind you in the winter if it comes from the east it can get bloody cold in Newcastle but that’s not that regularly.

Here's a question. I guess everyone realises these new rules are an attempt to reduce the effectiveness of City's and, increasingly, Newcastle's commercial departments so that United, Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe Tottenham remain competitive.

If we accept that, and the increasing levels of desperation shown, to the point of illegality, how is it that some still struggle with the notion that the PL would try to influence game results throughout a season maintain the value of the "product"?

Is it that there is a rationale for accepting the first hypothesis but dismissing the second that I am failing to understand? Or maybe neither hypothesis is accepted?

Note I didn't say the PL are trying to stop City winning, just that they want to maximise the value of the league (by keeping it competitive and having the most popular clubs in the mix) so no obfuscation with comments like "Well, they aren't doing a very good job then, are they?", please :)
The people who don’t understand the point you are making aren’t worth pursuing mate.

They aren’t furnished with enough intelligence.

You clearly haven’t been to Newcastle, isolated? Newcastle is on the main East Coast London to Edinburgh line, has its own international airport, granted not as big as Manchester Airport With flights all over Europe as well as the Middle East and the US. Not as isolated as you make out And Newcastle has a reputation as one of the top party cities in the UK. As for being cold and windy, believe me it isn’t and we get a fraction of the rainfall the north west of the country gets and specifically Manchester.

Add to this, for those that want it, we have some of the most stunning coast line in the UK and a World Heritage site, Hadrians Wall. Tyne and Wear has a population of 1.2 million, yes not as big as Manchester.

Being a one club city does have its advantages too, although the rivalry between us and our near neighbours is at times hostile shall we say. NUFC has a large following not just from in Tyne and Wear but also County Durham and Northumberland. What we currently have is one of the richest wealth funds in the world backing us, it may take a while to shake off the financial shackles imposed by the old cartel clubs but it will happen given the anti competitive nature of the new rules.

I recall Kevin Keegan talking about when he was signing Rob Lee from Charlton Athletic. Lee had previously turned down Middlesbrough because they were 'too far from London'. Keegan told him that Newcastle was nearer to London than Middlesbrough and was believed!

I recall Kevin Keegan talking about when he was signing Rob Lee from Charlton Athletic. Lee had previously turned down Middlesbrough because they were 'too far from London'. Keegan told him that Newcastle was nearer to London than Middlesbrough and was believed!
That just highlights how little southerners know about northern geography, but I do remember that explanation which Rob Lee admits to.

And you don’t need to own a shirt or coat to go out even in winter, it’s the birthplace of Greggs so there must be a tasting tour, Vera keeping crime off the streets,Vicki Pattison doing what she does best and it’s the least likeliest place on earth you would bump into Ant or Dec
What’s not to like?

I like Newcastle as a City. I had my Stag weekend there and have visited Northumberland quite a few times. The drive along the coast to Coldingham Bay is some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.