New striker?

How do you know they haven't?
Unless you believe they have been sat at home for four years, booted up football manager and found Gabby and sent that over to Txiki then logged off for the day.

Scouts can find a million players, doesn't matter what they think if it gets to Pep and/or Txiki and they disagree.
Because we are now looking at a CF to replace Serg

We should have had someone identified and in place to get used to our tactics, someone on the cusp of becoming the player we need.

We can spend millions on Kane, Mbappe and they may not fit the system, take time to adjust.

We have someone in they learn the club, tactics, players and generally bed in ready to replace when needed but are not desperately needed.

We are now desperate for not Serg replacement but a replacement for goals scored and this will be at a premium price.

What is the point of a scouting system if we just wait until we are desperate for replacements and if Pep or Txiki disagree then surely the scouts need changing.

It's been interesting reading this thread again, there were long standing concerns about Sergio's fitness given his serious knee injury, age and injury record. With the most condensed season in history, fingers crossed we can be competitive to challenge for CL and PL with only 2 strikers!

I remember the days not so long ago it was said that you needed 4 WC strikers and back then nobody would make a real effort at all 4 trophies in a single season.
To try and go on with an injury prone striker and a striker whos never really set the world on fire seems short sighted to me.

Because we are now looking at a CF to replace Serg

We should have had someone identified and in place to get used to our tactics, someone on the cusp of becoming the player we need.

We can spend millions on Kane, Mbappe and they may not fit the system, take time to adjust.

We have someone in they learn the club, tactics, players and generally bed in ready to replace when needed but are not desperately needed.

We are now desperate for not Serg replacement but a replacement for goals scored and this will be at a premium price.

What is the point of a scouting system if we just wait until we are desperate for replacements and if Pep or Txiki disagree then surely the scouts need changing.
What you describe in the second and fourth paragraph is Jesus surely?

Bits and pieces come out in the media and to me it reads like we have made moves for players but they haven't joined because of a better offer elsewhere or they aren't going to come in and sit on the bench, players such as Werner.
I know Aguero gets injured and Jesus does but a player who has his pick of clubs is going to go where he is nailed on starter e.g. Haaland and Werner. They aren't going to join if Pep tells them you are third choice if my other two are fit.

I am sure our scouts have mountains of data and stats on every young striker aged 17-21 in the world and perhaps one of them will be the one but 99% of the time you need them to go elsewhere before you make a move for them later. We all know how dangerous loan moves can be for players, if we had bought Haaland from Molde and punted him to Girona he probably would have ended up knocking around Europe and not developed. Haaland needed to go to Salzburg and be in the CL, Dortmund again for the next step up and now his next move will be the biggest yet.

Still think it will be Messi.
I was so excited in the summer when the rumours started. Now however, I hope not.
All our time, attention & available funds need to be put in to the successor for Sergio.
We can't afford not to be doing so IMO.
The defence is now looking much better but is suffering due to our lack of available firepower.
Even short term, I'd rather miss out on Messi (granted, the best there's ever been) to enable us get this next striker in

Still think it will be Messi.
Of course it will. Pep has said many times we can’t afford a big transfer fee for a forward so getting him on a free is obviously one of the big reasons we wanted this to happen.
Especially if his wage can be paid in ways that circumnavigate our usual bill.
It made sense to go all in on this deal and next year look to spend big when Aguero finally calls it a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.