New striker?

Because we have a budget and act accordingly. It’s not ideal as I’d love to see a 100m striker come in but the reality is we aren’t in a position to do so atm.
We obviously decided the back 4 was more important to improve this season and have done so.
Losing our two CFs makes it seem like a bad decision but that’s football.
Doesn't always need to be 100m tho mate, we only had to buy a decent squad player leave the 100m for when Aguero goes. Half our spend this summer was given back in sales.

It's frustrated me all summer, you could say I'm greedy lol

Because the money we got for Sane barely covered Ake, never mind Dias and Torres. We will be losing a lot of money this year. So didn't have the 80mill to buy a striker good enough to replace Aguero, was there even one we wanted available.
Again why does everyone think we have to pay 80m? We knew Aguero was injured all we needed to do was get a suitable backup for Jesus.

Didn't look like we gave a fuck about money trying to chase Messi did it?

Again why does everyone think we have to pay 80m? We knew Aguero was injured all we needed to do was get a suitable backup for Jesus.

Because it's highly likely Aguero will go next summer, so unless we were buying a player to replace Aguero we weren't spending money on a striker because we'd have to spend again next summer. Plus we'd end up with 3 strikers and we aren't having 3 strikers for 1 position.
Messi as we know was outside our usual transfer budget and the money wasn't there for anyone else. Besides we weren't going to pay a fee for Messi.

Pep said it himself mate. Any striker brought in now would have to be good enough to challenge the two already here. He wasn’t interested in a stop gap.
Fair enough if you disagree but those were his words and it’s where we are right now.
Messi on a free with wages being supplemented in other ways was obviously a deal we thought made sense. Again, disagree with the rights or wrongs of that but it’s the reality.

Pep said it himself mate. Any striker brought in now would have to be good enough to challenge the two already here. He wasn’t interested in a stop gap.
Fair enough if you disagree but those were his words and it’s where we are right now.
Messi on a free with wages being supplemented in other ways was obviously a deal we thought made sense. Again, disagree with the rights or wrongs of that but it’s the reality.

Fair enough pal stubborn Pep lol

Just saw that Micah Richards is saying we should get Daniel Sturridge! LOL!
Worse options out there if he could stay fit (I know I know!)

He wouldn't cost us a penny up front, pay as you play/score deal. A great finisher when he was with us and probably still is, shame his career worked out the way it did.

Because we have a budget and act accordingly. It’s not ideal as I’d love to see a 100m striker come in but the reality is we aren’t in a position to do so atm.
We obviously decided the back 4 was more important to improve this season and have done so.
Losing our two CFs makes it seem like a bad decision but that’s football.
I would agree & disagree

Definately yes we havnt rite now got the £125-50m to go buy a propper CF but we could & should have got someone even on loan or fuck it Cavani or Lovic like someone posted earlier

Even with Gabby I knew Sergio would struggle after lockdown, his weight & pre season has been a struggle in the last couple of years.

Add to the fact we aren't the prolific strikers we think we are & the old & new injury Aguero had after lockdown

Even though we never came forward with we want Messi I think everyone put 2 & 2 together knowing City were his intended club

We fucked about not just up top but also at the back, did we want to fuck Napoli over???? Did we have the money for anyone?

Also was the fact even though we won at FFP & against Uefa did it still hurt City in the pocket?

Add the injuries to Cancelo & then Zinchenko who obviously we wanted to shift stopped us signing another LB??
Stones another funny 1 how is he still at the club when surely he's not in favour?? How can we play Garcia who wants out yet not play Stones whatsoever?

I can only see 2 choices here, we sign Messi for fuckall although Bartomeu has resigned so that changes many things inc Inesta as manager when Koeman gets sacked & we sign a big money striker in the Summer or 2 we ride the wave & end up getting over the line into Europe next year & then sign a striker & LB Summer 21

For me its struggle along maybe a loan signing in January & then the new manager comes in & gets a couple of his own guys & we say goodbye to Pep & Aguero?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.