New striker?

Yes we do need a striker...next season

If yoy look at Timo werners goal for chelsea yesterday....does jesus or sterling score that chance.....its not a hard chance but its one that sergio and decent goal scorers get 9/10....id say its 50-50 if any of our forwards besides sergio score that given 10 goes at it

Id love haaland but i dont see it with who his agent is (and what he has said about Pep in the past. )

Jesus is a back up/ second striker at best....lots of great qualitues but in the most important one (finishing) he lacks a little....gs lots of tap ins but you need a player to be more than that
Jesus has scored many great goals including away from home & in big games. Nothing Werner has done so far, is ahead of Jesus apart from one season in Germany .

I agree we need to replace Sergio, but the blot on Jesus' record is purely injuries & recovery.

He started better over here than Werner, https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...inutes-per-goal-ratio-premier-league-history/
Its the big chances he misses rsther thsn the tap ins he scores thats the concern....same with sterling

I agree about Jesus . It’s not a slight on him as he has outstanding qualities other than his finishing but he is paid to put the ball in the net and he struggles with that . Would never get rid of him as he brings slot to the team though .
Yeah agree
Him playing from the left euther with Sergio or his replacement is the approach we need to take

Yes we do need a striker...next season

If yoy look at Timo werners goal for chelsea yesterday....does jesus or sterling score that chance.....its not a hard chance but its one that sergio and decent goal scorers get 9/10....id say its 50-50 if any of our forwards besides sergio score that given 10 goes at it

Id love haaland but i dont see it with who his agent is (and what he has said about Pep in the past. )

Jesus is a back up/ second striker at best....lots of great qualitues but in the most important one (finishing) he lacks a little....gs lots of tap ins but you need a player to be more than that

Its the big chances he misses rsther thsn the tap ins he scores thats the concern....same with sterling

Not true.

He misses some, but scores plenty. I would wonder if he has more 'big' goals than Sergio in recent times.

Not true.

He misses some, but scores plenty. I would wonder if he has more 'big' goals than Sergio in recent times.

Its also not true to say he misses some - he misses a lot of good chances......we create so much that he does get goals but if he was in a team that didnt create so much he would struggle......same with Sterling.
They both miss a lot of chances

Its also not true to say he misses some - he misses a lot of good chances......we create so much that he does get goals but if he was in a team that didnt create so much he would struggle......same with Sterling.
They both miss a lot of chances

So does Aguero.

Some of our biggest letdowns have involved Sergio missing very easy chances.

Jesus does absolutely fine. But he's a different kind of player.

Jesus would be a far wiser option than Mahrez,playing from out wide might even be his most influential position.We can then have a proper no.9 up top.

I agree.

If we signed another striker, imo we could & should mix & match the strikers more across the front 3 or even play a front 2 sometimes.

Haaland, Jesus, Sterling would be a better front 3 than the Mahrez version, in front if the right midfield. Ffs could always come off the bench.

We have Braaf & Delap now who could distract defenders & create space as well as score alongside Jesus etc.

Not true.

The reason why we are even debating this is because of the chances of that we don’t put away . We shall see ourselves this season if he is good enough as I think peo will give him the chance .

So does Aguero.

Some of our biggest letdowns have involved Sergio missing very easy chances.

Jesus does absolutely fine. But he's a different kind of player.

He does fine yes...fine isnt good enough on his own

Aguero also scores big chances and scores goals Jesus wont ever come close to (2 against liverpool i can automatically think of)

Nobosy was doubting Sergio 3 years into his career with us - plenty of questions still about Jesus and plenty of people still talking about "potential' with him........

We wont be at the top with him leading our line.....as part of it he is absolutely necessary and is a very good player but he is not a world class finisher at present and thats what we need

The reason why we are even debating this is because of the chances of that we don’t put away . We shall see ourselves this season if he is good enough as I think peo will give him the chance .

We miss chances whoever plays. We also score a lot of goals. We would score a lot more if we stopped trying to be perfect & created more 'chaos' in the box, imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.