New striker?

Halaand, Joao Felix or Lautaro Martinez. Any of the three would suit me.

Don't think anyone is against Haaland. Just a much tougher buy for us.

Felix is at this point a yes for me, but want to monitor his development.

How has Matrinez done this season?

He kind of dropped off a bit last season and I believe some feel Jesus is about the same in terms of where they are that it's not really an improvement.

What if we can't GET Haaland?

I could be wrong about our chances but it's curious to me that I see a number of our fans sound as if we are even likely to get him or even be amongst the top favourites.

I think it's possible, but we have to have other viable targets given all of the competition that will be there for him and other variables that make it difficult.

We NEED a clinical finisher who can fit into our style of play and ideally one who has other qualities we are missing.

Daka is really the one to watch if you're a City fan in that regard from what we know.

I just don't get to see him play really, and he's in a low league so tricky to measure his talents.

Felix is also someone I think we can actually sign when Mbappe and Haaland are shown to be or end up likely off elsewhere and he's been showing some real quality of late.

Don't leave out Kane as "possible" but that's going to cost an insane amount of money, so I doubt it.

We need haaland as Jesus is a good back up not our main striker .

He's a marvelous young player, a truly great prospect who may become something very special indeed, but what we most certainly don't need is a destructive force like Raiola exerting a big influence inside our club . . . so as much as there may be hard-ons from the young boys amongst our less logical supporters - we most certainly won't be in for Haarland because we're bigger than Raiola and we won't allow him a seat at our table regardless of who he might bring with him in an attempt to avoid being turned away at the door.

Last edited:
Yes we do need a striker...next season

If yoy look at Timo werners goal for chelsea yesterday....does jesus or sterling score that chance.....its not a hard chance but its one that sergio and decent goal scorers get 9/10....id say its 50-50 if any of our forwards besides sergio score that given 10 goes at it

Id love haaland but i dont see it with who his agent is (and what he has said about Pep in the past. )

Jesus is a back up/ second striker at best....lots of great qualitues but in the most important one (finishing) he lacks a little....gets lots of tap ins but you need a player to be more than that

He's a marvelous young player, a truly great prospect who may become something very special indeed, but what we most certainly don't need is a destructive force like Raiola exerting a big influence inside our club . . . so as much as there may be hard-ons from the young boys amongst our less logical supporters - we most certainly won't be in for Haarland because we're bigger than Raiola and we won't allow him a seat at our table regardless of who he might bring with him in an attempt to avoid being turned away at the door.
Get what your saying about raiola mate . Who would you say we could go for apart from the obvious candidates?

If yoy look at Timo werners goal for chelsea yesterday....does jesus or sterling score that chance.....its not a hard chance but its one that sergio and decent goal scorers get 9/10....id say its 50-50 if any of our forwards besides sergio score that given 10 goes at it

Id love haaland but i dont see it with who his agent is (and what he has said about Pep in the past. )

Jesus is a back up/ second striker at best....lots of great qualitues but in the most important one (finishing) he lacks a little....gets lots of tap ins but you need a player to be more than that
I agree about Jesus . It’s not a slight on him as he has outstanding qualities other than his finishing but he is paid to put the ball in the net and he struggles with that . Would never get rid of him as he brings slot to the team though .

Jesus has scored many great goals including away from home & in big games. Nothing Werner has done so far, is ahead of Jesus apart from one season in Germany .

I agree we need to replace Sergio, but the blot on Jesus' record is purely injuries & recovery.

He started better over here than Werner, https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...inutes-per-goal-ratio-premier-league-history/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.