New TV Offers

gomoich

Looking to get a new TV. Probably a 65". Does anyone have any insider info on when the prices might start to drop in Currys or Richer Sounds etc...?

From looking at price spy on a few sets they seem to be more expensive than around Christmas time.

I know there is usually a drop around spring when the new sets come out but if the Coronavirus is causing production issues I am worried it could be a while before the current TVs drop.

Looking to get a new TV. Probably a 65". Does anyone have any insider info on when the prices might start to drop in Currys or Richer Sounds etc...?

From looking at price spy on a few sets they seem to be more expensive than around Christmas time.

I know there is usually a drop around spring when the new sets come out but if the Coronavirus is causing production issues I am worried it could be a while before the current TVs drop.
65 inch? would it not be cheaper just to get glasses?

Looking to spend maximum 800 but don't want to buy now if they are all going to come down in price in the next couple of weeks and I could get more bang for my buck.

Don't know about deals but son text during city game the night of the Tyson fight so about half six saying TV knackered, phoned Argos and by half eight he was watching his new one, never left his room.

Ask Two Gun Bob, he's the man in the Know.
If I was to recommend a nice "at the moment" deal it would be this cheeky chap with a free 550 soundbar and six year warranty. For absolute pennies at this price and it's a very nice top of the range telly from a very nice retail outfit.

We currently own this 75 inch Q90 version and it's simply exquisite to behold,excellent for gaming too when coupled with an X box X. A price of £1899 is a stunning for all this kit, as I believe the 550 sound bar on it's own retails around the £300 mark.

On a lighter note I fought a prolonged litigation, recanted on the Barrack Room Lawyer thread concerning OLED Tv's and I have just heard through the grapevine that in April of this year a few of the big electrical retailers will be starting to cover screen burn as part of their 5 year guarantee as an added extra, so fingers crossed this comes to fruition because at the moment the OLED tech is eschewing excellent value for money, if brave enough for the punt.
No need for bravery if they incorporate this much needed add on, to protect the end user from a fragging.

As for a good strike time .. high summer six week holidays throw up some good deals as no one is interested with goggling whilst the fiery ball in the sky is stutting it's stuff. Models in March April that have or are about to be superseded by newer models also offer cracking value as the companies need to shift them on. Good Will Hunting whatever the OP chooses.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/samsung-q90-qled-tv

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/samsung-qe65q90r

https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-qe65q90r-hw-r550-mmmmmmmm.html

Last edited:
Wait for April when new models start to drop, if the rumours are true at them covering screen burn on OLEDS then that’s the route I’ll be going. LG C9 will hopefully drop below £1k when the CX comes out.

A bunch of chocolate fire guard recommendations there for an OP who has made clear he won’t spend more than £800.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.