New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

willy eckerslike said:
Falastur said:
willy eckerslike said:
City could do with streaming all their first season games on the website, to get some interest.

That would be great, but wouldn't it violate the broadcast exclusivity rights each broadcaster buys? It's the same as how we will never be allowed to livestream PL matches on our website.

No idea, City would have to negotiate with whoever holds the rights in the UK I guess. What I am saying is I don't fancy PAYING to watch at the outset and they might need to do something to tempt me. Like the women's team, I might go if it's free, certainly don't think it's worth paying for, yet. They'll have to win me over.

That's fair enough. Of course, there are ways available on the internet for enterprising individuals to avoid such issues...

I will keep an eye on their progress in the same way I do Wigan because of Uwe.

They could be important to us though, buying players and loaning to us to assist with FFP and developing our young players prior to fist team action.

Falastur said:
willy eckerslike said:
Falastur said:
That would be great, but wouldn't it violate the broadcast exclusivity rights each broadcaster buys? It's the same as how we will never be allowed to livestream PL matches on our website.

No idea, City would have to negotiate with whoever holds the rights in the UK I guess. What I am saying is I don't fancy PAYING to watch at the outset and they might need to do something to tempt me. Like the women's team, I might go if it's free, certainly don't think it's worth paying for, yet. They'll have to win me over.

That's fair enough. Of course, there are ways available on the internet for enterprising individuals to avoid such issues...

When they streamed the Al Ain friendly, it was really good quality. I don't bother with those other methods, too much messing around.
Surely we're not far from an MCFCTV subscription channel on satellite anyway to showcase all these teams we have - they could just purchase the rights from BT for the NYCFC games.

As long as I feel their existence and success can be beneficial to MCFC (and I do) I will follow them and cheer them on, as I will any other clubs in CFG. I think a few on here are treating the question in the wrong way, nobody is going to have to make any sacrifices MCFC-wise to follow NYCFC and their existence and the opportunities it opens up will benefit our club.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
i8rags said:
Why would you not.

Because they are not Manchester City, and Manchester City are the only club I have ever supported and ever will support, because I am a Mancunian, so there is only one team to support.
If folk feel differently, then that's fine, but NYCFC mean absolutely nothing to me.

Exactly how i feel...

C-Hop25 said:
richards30 said:
Without question I'll follow and support them. Now part of the city family and all blues should get behind and support our owner in this unique global brand domination quest! Name another club that is doing anything like this???? Still shocked how lucky we have been with sheikh mansour and all the years off pain and shite to get us to this point has now been worth it! In the last 4 years I've seen city win the premiership twice, the fa cup and the domestic league cup! Im confident we will win the champions league within 3 years as well! Will certainly be buying a nycfc shirt with villa on back!

Spot on mate - totally agree!

I think its a foolish question to ask if we are gonna be fully behind our New York Team. Why would you not - its Man Citys team in the MLS. Our sister club. I am SO excited

Really ?,, sorry but I think it's far from a foolish question,,, Why would I ? MLS means nothing to me...... Are you American with being SO excited ?

If I put it like this..

If I happen to be in New York me and my mates might very well decide to see a game because Yankee Stadium is very easy to get to, if I find a nice top in a shop I might very well buy it for a laugh.
But as for getting exited about player drafts and trading full backs with some other MLS team or such it´s beyond me.

I have no more than a passing interest in them, i'm not wild about the whole idea of a 'city family' outside of thes shores but may be i am old school.

Lampard and villa in Manchester having medicals, for a different City? no thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.