New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Surprised so many seem so non plussed. Personally I think it's a really exciting thing for us Blues. NYCFC will probably be the most high profile club in the City group after MCFC. I suspect in the years to come there will be plenty of cross overs with players coming here and going there. I'll definitely be following them. Villa and Lampard are big coups, and if they can add Xavi even better.

i follow the Sounders after being there a couple of times and seeing them play, now I will have to add Nycfc too my mls list :) I dont mind staying up a bit late to see David Villa ripping apart half of the league!

I find this whole thing absolutely fascinating. It's such a curious thing to see a whole new club start from scratch that is so intrinsically linked to the one that I've supported my whole life.

To see them share the same footballing philosophy, to see them develop and try and grow into an i of their own something special. It's all very exciting.

I was curious to see how it all developed but honestly, if we send some of our exciting youngsters over there i'll be really really behind it. Yeah it won't emotionally move me, not yet anyway, as its all new and there isn't years of inbuilt emotional attachment but as this stage i'll look forward to their games in the same way that I look forward to great television most likely (nowt wrong with that - you all know the feeling) as opposed to the way that I look forward to City games which feel like a basic fundamental human urge.

Imagine David Villa partnering Thierry Ambrose up front with Seko Fofana and Brandon Barker playing alongside Lampard and other established MLS stars and watching them all learn the City way.

Personally i find that to be absolutely amazing prospect. It could be like the EDS if it went up a level of excitement (IF we do have 3 or 4 youngsters over there)...

Even if there isn't EDS players i'll most likely follow it too (with a little less enthusiasm admittedly)...

Not for me, I've tried and failed to get in to the local clubs around here but I just don't have any emotional attachment to them. I hope NYCFC do well though.

Like I said before i'll definitely be following them, as they are part of the City family.

However I won't have anywhere near the passion for them as I do for City, but that will be taken care of by the New Yorkers. Never the less will be supporting them and keeping an eye on them with great interest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.