New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

wayne71 said:
Not for me, I've tried and failed to get in to the local clubs around here but I just don't have any emotional attachment to them. I hope NYCFC do well though.

I'd imagine those clubs have absolutely no affinity to City whatsoever though? And no one will have an emotional attachment to begin with

twosips said:
I find this whole thing absolutely fascinating. It's such a curious thing to see a whole new club start from scratch that is so intrinsically linked to the one that I've supported my whole life.

To see them share the same footballing philosophy, to see them develop and try and grow into an i of their own something special. It's all very exciting.

I was curious to see how it all developed but honestly, if we send some of our exciting youngsters over there i'll be really really behind it. Yeah it won't emotionally move me, not yet anyway, as its all new and there isn't years of inbuilt emotional attachment but as this stage i'll look forward to their games in the same way that I look forward to great television most likely (nowt wrong with that - you all know the feeling) as opposed to the way that I look forward to City games which feel like a basic fundamental human urge.

Imagine David Villa partnering Thierry Ambrose up front with Seko Fofana and Brandon Barker playing alongside Lampard and other established MLS stars and watching them all learn the City way.

Personally i find that to be absolutely amazing prospect. It could be like the EDS if it went up a level of excitement (IF we do have 3 or 4 youngsters over there)...

Even if there isn't EDS players i'll most likely follow it too (with a little less enthusiasm admittedly)...

Brilliant post that sums it up for me. I'm quite relieved to see others think like this as most on this thread seem very negative about it. I think it's cos most people think having a second team is naff, which is probably is in a lot of cases, but I think this could be different.

Having been quite excited about the owners business plans, I thought I would check out NYCFC fan forums (its ironic that there is a fan forum for a team that hasn't kicked a ball yet lol)

The NYCFC "fans" seem to be determined that they are the number one club in the partnership and MCFC are an inconvenient irreverence.

If we were taking over an existing club I could understand the attitudes of many posters, but MCFC (via AUG) are creating the club, and the brand. I was going to look out for them but having read (more glanced) the forums I am starting to have some doubts. Who are these people ?

Then I start to wonder is NYCFC being infiltrated by other clubs, do we need to get onto there forums en mass and educate them :) THIS IS ONE OF THE SUGGESTIONS FOR A CHANT

<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/david-villa-song.680/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?thread ... -song.680/</a>

Have never watched an MLS game but I have to say I've been paying attention to the NYCFC news. Not sure if I'll be going to any games but I do think I'll at least be a casual viewer. Certainly will tune in for the first game. The fact that there is little else to watch in the summer certainly will help it's cause. I have been spoiled by City so it may be harder to watch being used to such attractive football.

Some of the "fans" of NYCFC seem to be having a slight identity crisis, with feelings of not wanting to be connected with MCFC whatsoever.
Many of their fans are fans of other British clubs and dislike MCFC.

As much as I had an initial interest I'm now put off by reading comments by many of their new fans and couldn't be assed right now.

[/img]

<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfcforums.com/data/avatars/l/0/4.jpg?1397596784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfcforums.com/data/avatars/l/0 ... 1397596784</a>

Try it this way ARGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Why Always Ste said:
Some of the "fans" of NYCFC seem to be having a slight identity crisis, with feelings of not wanting to be connected with MCFC whatsoever.
Many of their fans are fans of other British clubs and dislike MCFC.

As much as I had an initial interest I'm now put off by reading comments by many of their new fans and couldn't be assed right now.

Thats just how I am starting to feel....

Give it 5 years and the film will be out,

The plot line will be

David Villa, son of American oil man struggles to make ends meet playing soccer in a distant European third world country called Spain.

Daddy (a rich oil baron) who owns a top American Soccer team, buys a struggling British Club called MCFC who in turn purchase his son. The tiny British team become a force in there league, winning it a couple of times whilst also collecting another couple of tinpot domestic pots on the way. Young David is the key to this success, with him scoring every goal along the way, each and every one of them set up by his close friend Clint Dempsey (played by Frank Lampard).

As young David comes towards the end of his playing career, he and Frank are dispatched to daddys latest acquisition, an Australian team called Melbourne Heart where they repeat there success. Such is Davids success the oil and sports empire grow so big they end up buying the Middle East state of Abu Dhabi and donate it to the American people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.