New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Blue2112 said:
Couldn't give less of a fuck if I tried about New Yoik, Melbourne or whomever else we're associated with.

Only ever been a follower of Manchester City F.C.

Amen!

Barcon said:
SuperYaya said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
What on earth does that have to do with some American club 3000 miles away?
I too only support Manchester City.
I don't have second teams, or teams I have a soft spot for, and I certainly don't have any affinity whatsoever with this new franchise.
Like others, I wish them well because their owners are our owners, but as far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if they were a ladies baseball team.

They are as much part of City as the reserve and or youth team. Just because they are far away doesn't change that.

Yeah right, are they fuck as much a part. I used to go down and watch our reserve team on weeknights at Maine rd.
Will you be showing the same support for melbourne and yokohama?

No, but I don't give a fuck about our youth or reserve team either.

I'm starting to get a little disillusioned by all this

It seems we don't own New York City, Melbourne City or any other "City" - The City Group owns them as well as us.
In those terms we mean as much to Sheikh Mansour as anyone of these clubs.

I'm beginning to think the purpose of buying these clubs is for the benefit of Abu Dhabi rather than Manchester City. Sure it should benefit us indirectly from a financial point of view as Damocles has alluded to in another thread. However will this be at the cost of them taking their eye off the ball with us. Our resources particularly our CEO, DOF and Chairman will potentially be spread thinly across all these clubs. Is this what we want?

SuperYaya said:
Barcon said:
SuperYaya said:
They are as much part of City as the reserve and or youth team. Just because they are far away doesn't change that.

Yeah right, are they fuck as much a part. I used to go down and watch our reserve team on weeknights at Maine rd.

You don't give a fuck about our youth or reserve team, yet you are falling over yourself to justify some irrelevant yank tribute act 3000 miles away?
Well, it takes all sorts I suppose.

SuperYaya said:
Barcon said:

You don't give a fuck about our youth or reserve team, yet you are falling over yourself to justify some irrelevant yank tribute act 3000 miles away?

What is there to justify?

I am going to support it as much as I do the youth and reserve team. If I see a game on TV I might watch it if I have nothing else to do, if I saw they won their league I might think "cool" but that is the extent of my reaction. To me it might as well be an American reserve team.

SuperYaya said:
SuperYaya said:

To me it might as well be an American reserve team.

Not wishing to labour the point here, but we already have a reserve team - one which I and others watch when time permits, and the one which you don't give a fuck about.
We have had them for as long as Manchester City have existed.
How anyone can possibly have any affinity with a brand new club that has nothing whatsoever to do with Manchester City, other than sharing owners, on another continent, is utterly baffling to me.
If the rags had done this, we would be lining up to take the piss.
But as I've said before, good luck to them, as anything which benefits our owners ultimately benefits City, and if folk want to fly to New York to watch them rather than watch our actual reserves, then good luck to them too.

Georgian Maestro said:

It seems we don't own New York City, Melbourne City or any other "City" - The City Group owns them as well as us.

I'm beginning to think the purpose of buying these clubs is for the benefit of Abu Dhabi rather than Manchester City. Sure it should benefit us indirectly from a financial point of view as Damocles has alluded to in another thread. However will this be at the cost of them taking their eye off the ball with us. Our resources particularly our CEO, DOF and Chairman will potentially be spread thinly across all these clubs. Is this what we want?
Has it seriously taken you this long to figure that out?

Banned for calling someone a cockwomble - utterly unbelievable.
It's a good job the Cellar don't go on there en masse, as the moderators would shit kittens, and the site would have about three forumites by teatime.
Daytrip! (only joking Falastur)

ColinLee said:
Georgian Maestro said:

Has it seriously taken you this long to figure that out?
Haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.