New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

S04 said:
You go to a forum where 9 out of 10 from their barstools support clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, the rags, Millionarios, Boca Juniors or whatever clubs a place with the mixed population of New York tend to support harping on about Manchester City in New York where everyone regard us as "Ye olde Mancunian branch" of CFG.. and are surprised that people are less than impressed?

Americans in general are familiar with the concept of Sport Groups, they got several there like MLSE, MSG etc and don´t have any particular loyalty towards other teams in the same group. MSG for example got two Basketball teams in New York sharing the same stadium actually.

not true. Knicks are the only MSG team. The Brooklyn Nets are completely different & ply in Brooklyn

Frank the Yank said:
I live in NY City in Queens. I live about 5 miles from Citifield where the Mets paly and thats right by the proposed site for a stadium for NY City FC.
I'm out in Kew Gardens. Do you come to the Hatter?

Show them this if they think City have nothing to do with them: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/03/manchester-city-ceo-key-david-villa-new-york-city-fc-transfer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... c-transfer</a>

PLEA TO RIC AND MODS

OK I probably started the debate here ref the NYCFC fan forum, and I have given some strong views regarding the content and the way that site is ran.

Some of those views supported, some of those views opposed on here, but at least on here we are allowed to express our views.

I try to support all things City (I even support Paul Sugre, Paul Futcher et al) and really would like to "meet" fellow City Fans in New York and watch the project grow.

However I will never support that group as there can be no fair debate and the anti MCFC censorship is unbelieveable from a so called subsiduary, sister club, associate club (whatever your view)

Can we please have a blue moon board that we ceven get an encourage our American cousins (And Australian) to use and discuss the issues that arise without censorship

You may get more advertising revenue if we can get this moving ?

And the new fans might even be swayed to MCFC in the Prem

Cheers

MrE said:
PLEA TO RIC AND MODS

OK I probably started the debate here ref the NYCFC fan forum, and I have given some strong views regarding the content and the way that site is ran.

Some of those views supported, some of those views opposed on here, but at least on here we are allowed to express our views.

I try to support all things City (I even support Paul Sugre, Paul Futcher et al) and really would like to "meet" fellow City Fans in New York and watch the project grow.

However I will never support that group as there can be no fair debate and the anti MCFC censorship is unbelieveable from a so called subsiduary, sister club, associate club (whatever your view)

Can we please have a blue moon board that we ceven get an encourage our American cousins (And Australian) to use and discuss the issues that arise without censorship

Cheers
Would prefer a NYCFC section myself.

Blue Smarties said:
MrE said:
PLEA TO RIC AND MODS

Cheers
Would prefer a NYCFC section myself.

Yeah, or a "City Group" section that will cover, NYCFC, Melbourne, J-League team, ventures etc.

S04 said:
You go to a forum where 9 out of 10 from their barstools support clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, the rags, Millionarios, Boca Juniors or whatever clubs a place with the mixed population of New York tend to support harping on about Manchester City in New York where everyone regard us as "Ye olde Mancunian branch" of CFG.. and are surprised that people are less than impressed?

Americans in general are familiar with the concept of Sport Groups, they got several there like MLSE, MSG etc and don´t have any particular loyalty towards other teams in the same group. MSG for example got two Basketball teams in New York sharing the same stadium actually.
+1

<a class="postlink" href="http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/mcfc-fans-thoughts-on-nycfc.746/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?thread ... nycfc.746/</a>

Bobby Manc Tried (12:28 today thread started)
Thread closed around 4:55...

Not a forum for debate that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.