New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Falastur said:
Blue Smarties said:
ColinLee said:
Lol, you've got a strange definition of 'spam'. I get spam offering me free start up cash to play crap online slot machines. I've never had spam that calls me a 'cockwomble' multiple times.
G'wed then lad?

213m6v8.png

Their fans seem very RAWK/Un*ted like.

I have no idea why it came up as spam, but I'm pretty sure you got banned for your "cockwomble" and "complete dick" post. As I tried to warn you before you got kicked (not by me) the CoC for that forum specifically ban that kind of language aimed at other fans. I'm fairly willing to give a warning first and wait to see if people calm down, others aren't. You got banned for the language you were using at other users.

In fairness, Falastur, has Midas Mulligan been warned or temporarily banned? He is consistently abusive and adversarial, as well, but I have not seen him admonished. Is it because he is staff? Ask in peace because his paticipation in discussions on the forum make me consider whether I wish to continue participating there.

casualdeyna said:
Boy am I glad I read this thread and paid NYCFC forum a quick visit, stunning to think they have such a chip on their shoulders already "we owe you nothing it's Mansour we need to think" is the summing up of their attitude, so when a City fan (understandably as the club only exists because of MCFC) goes on and says something like "greetings from Manchester" or "how are things with our sister club" they get it rammed back down their throats. They represent New York and want nothing to do with MCFC, end of. Well, unless they can have our coaches or players.

No one is saying if you live in USA and support NYCFC you immediately have to be an MCFC fans too, but FFS realise the club exists only because of MCFC and it should benefit both clubs in the longrun, over time supporters of both clubs should have a soft spot for each other, look out for results etc. even if you don't actively support them, but their attitude is stunning, staggering, and is beginning to border on hatred towards MCFC because they refuse to accept any affiliation or pay any thanks or grattitude to the club that formed them. You get the impression other MLS fans are pointing out they are MCFC based in New York, and they absolutely refute it, they represent New York and nothing to do with City.

Maybe it's just modern football fans and forums, there were probably just as many biased and deluded fans when I was a kid in the 80's, they just didn't have the platform to air their shite. Maybe I'm in the wrong, but as I say never expect anyone who supports NYCFC to become and immediate City fan, but we are essentially a club no one their fans should hate, whereas I see more hatred towards City than any other club, bizarre.

The NYCFC forum is a joke, seemingly run by frat boy assholes. I've been criticized for questioning why a proper red would support anything associated with City. They are desperately trying to distance themselves from MCFC. A bit silly when you see Villa signing a contract with Soriano. I was told directly that NYCFC supporters don't owe MCFC a thing regarding the new club. I suppose its all the rags, arse & Liverpool fans trying to not look like fools supporting a City product.

It's hard to be on 2 forums anyway but reading some of the crap spouted about our club is hard to take. I'm hoping though that it'll improve over time.

At the moment it seems like the fans have an inferiority complex which means they are hyper sensitive and self obsessed. Maybe when some balls are kicked around they'll relax and pay others a bit more respect. Plus I get the impression that it's only 3 or 4 who have a problem with us.... the volume of posts too is very low so it might help when more people join.

I seldom use the term cockwomble so I'm hopeful that I'll stick it out. Hope more bluemooners do too.

You go to a forum where 9 out of 10 from their barstools support clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, the rags, Millionarios, Boca Juniors or whatever clubs a place with the mixed population of New York tend to support harping on about Manchester City in New York where everyone regard us as "Ye olde Mancunian branch" of CFG.. and are surprised that people are less than impressed?

Americans in general are familiar with the concept of Sport Groups, they got several there like MLSE, MSG etc and don´t have any particular loyalty towards other teams in the same group. MSG for example got two Basketball teams in New York sharing the same stadium actually.

Why any BM member would want to spend time on their website is beyond me, but probably because I'd last about 20 minutes before being banned for calling them all cunts. They want their own identity so let them.

Up the blues.

Most of them seem like good people, who are really eager to support a team that represents their City. However I feel any animosity towards City, is because some of them are supporters of other prem teams. In reality though, the only prem team that has an actual link to them is ours, if they don't like it then they should look for another team to support.

I will be curious about this new club. I havent been over to that message board but why they would have a pop at City, I have no idea. Maybe they are indeed a bunch of fucktarded cockwombles!! LOL!!!!

I love football but I havent watched an MLS game since the first year. If they played in my back garden, I would draw the curtains. Its a shitty product and I spend my time watching City (and other English football matches), baseball, and American football when I am in New York. I might give NY City FC a shot since they are closely associated with City.

There is still a HUGE question as to where they will play. I dont go to many sporting events when I am in NY City for a variety of reasons. I cannot see myself schlepping up to Yankee satdium at night to watch them if they play there. Having said that, if I am in town when City go play there es I will be there in a shot!!!! If they are in a convenient place here in Queens, I would probably go for a looksee but could not see myself as a regular patron.

If these guys are saying they dont have to thank City at all they are deluded.......

Frank the Yank said:
I will be curious about this new club. I havent been over to that message board but why they would have a pop at City, I have no idea. Maybe they are indeed a bunch of fucktarded cockwombles!! LOL!!!!

I love football but I havent watched an MLS game since the first year. If they played in my back garden, I would draw the curtains. Its a shitty product and I spend my time watching City (and other English football matches), baseball, and American football when I am in New York. I might give NY City FC a shot since they are closely associated with City.

There is still a HUGE question as to where they will play. I dont go to many sporting events when I am in NY City for a variety of reasons. I cannot see myself schlepping up to Yankee satdium at night to watch them if they play there. Having said that, if I am in town when City go play there es I will be there in a shot!!!! If they are in a convenient place here in Queens, I would probably go for a looksee but could not see myself as a regular patron.

If these guys are saying they dont have to thank City at all they are deluded.......
Where abouts in the U.S.A do you live Frank the Yank ?

I live in NY City in Queens. I live about 5 miles from Citifield where the Mets paly and thats right by the proposed site for a stadium for NY City FC.

Frank the Yank said:
I live in NY City in Queens. I live about 5 miles from Citifield where the Mets paly and thats right by the proposed site for a stadium for NY City FC.
You know your stuff on football in the U.S.A .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.