New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Kreis (NYCFC manager) is already talking about bringing young City players on loan

NYCFC head coach Jason Kreis told Manchester City’s website on Wednesday that the new MLS club will be allowed to carry four players on loan from its parent club in England, the first clear indication that there will be a direct link between the sides in the future.

“We will have the ability to take four players on loan from the club here, so I’m looking a lot at the younger players, and the U-18s and the U-21s at the moment,” Kreis said. “And also the players that are out on loan.

"We have a very big interest in bringing some City players over to join us in New York and I certainly think there’s the talent there. And the ambition is there as well, so we’ll have to get with those guys over the next six months to a year and see whether or not that’s something they would like as well.”
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/02/05/new-york-city-fc-head-coach-jason-kreis-says-team-can-bring-four-manchester-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... anchester-</a>

It will be an incentive to watch if our youth go there.

Imagine a youth player trying to decide between rags and us. Rags want to loan him to Watford. We send in Paddy V and tell him he's going on loan to NYC, he'll play with David Villa and Frank Lampard. No brainer.

Even if you don't feel any connection to NYCFC, we could have 4 prospects there. Why bother with a B club when we have NYCFC?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
SuperYaya said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
What on earth does that have to do with some American club 3000 miles away?
I too only support Manchester City.
I don't have second teams, or teams I have a soft spot for, and I certainly don't have any affinity whatsoever with this new franchise.
Like others, I wish them well because their owners are our owners, but as far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if they were a ladies baseball team.

They are as much part of City as the reserve and or youth team.

Maybe to you they are, but they have been going ten minutes, and are American, whereas the Manchester City I support, (and their reserves and youth team), have been going a whole lot longer, and are Mancunian.
So to me they mean nothing.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who is seeing it this way, maybe i'm old fashioned but I support one team (I also take a big interest in our youth, as they are part of our team) but a yank team that doesn't even exist in a shite league and people are lapping it up as if they are part of MCFC is just bollocks tbh.

mcfc2607 said:
Fans forum lol. The team's been up 10 fucking minutes and people are posting things like Nycfc till I die. Most of the 'fans' must have supported someone else before hand?
Yeah, most probably followed the NY RED BULLS who are actually located way out in New Jersey, at a lot of the complaints they have had is that its too far to travel to game where as, NYCFC are going to have a real NYC Proper feel, in an area that is reflects the city it and culture itself. It's almost similar to another situation I can think of............................

You have to remember, the league is young, and has just been in the last 5 years that it has started to grow, so teams/people are still in the process of building history, customs, identities. NYCFC offers them more of a "local" team.

I'll be interested if that means 'follow' I do not know. At the end of the day i'd be pleased if they were to succeed but not too arsed if they didn't. As we part own them any success they have impacts on our club- global recognition and financial. The yanks are mindless and if NYC become the next big thing a lot of money will be ploughed in by the 'fans' . The link will also give us recognition from across the pond and could provide a nice bit of funding for prolonged success.
Not being a sell-out and hope we never become like the RAGs but we have to keep moving forward and compete globally.
So yes I suppose i will have a vested interested.

Hey everyone. I'm the owner of the NYCFC Forums. Personally a MCFC supporter as well.

It's kind of funny. Here in the states we have been catching a lot of flak because our rival clubs are saying we are just a bunch of city fans and in the UK as I've been reading through here a lot of you are saying we want nothing to do with City.

I'll be honest. It's 50/50.
NYC is a melting pot of different cultures and people from different backgrounds and walks of life. We have City, Liverpool, United fans and fans of other leagues. The beauty of it is that they are all putting those allegiances to the side and supporting THEIR city.
One thing I must say, on the Forums we have buckled down and stopped any City bickering. We want no part of this. OUR site, OUR Community WILL be one welcoming supporters world wide, we are very clear on that. Most of what you still hear comes from the Supporters Group (Third Rail) where they are pretty anti-city and want a pure NYC culture.
We do support the SG and have a section for them as I find it to be our duty to help grow and promote our clubs SG, even though I might not agree with them on all fronts (That has been made clear by me on the forums).
A good example of the direction this SG wants to head is the Bar they've chosen. Mad Hatter, also an official MCFC supporters bar.
Chosen simply for its location and atmosphere. They did a bar crawl hitting bars across the city and this one was voted the best. Had nothing to do with the fact it was home to City supporters and they were able to look past that and do what's best for the group. I can respect that.

The Casual Away thing is pretty dumb if you ask me but thankfully hasn't caught on. We are a young group still and you can look at that section more for brainstorming and throwing out ideas. The SG "Third Rail" is also an umbrella group. So this "casual" group would operate under it if anything.

Most of us are happy as ever to be affiliated with MCFC and are excited for the partnership. You SHOULDN'T be surprised that others aren't. They are putting their city first and NYC citizens have a lot of pride. This they feel is THEIR club and that's where the hostility comes from when a city fans strolls in and says 'you're welcome.'
For the most part, as I've mentioned before you wont find this on our forums, and if you do its quickly extinguished by our staff. One of whom actually lives in England and is a City fan.

Yep. I have signed up to City's holistic approach so I will follow all our affiliated clubs results,

I have supported City since I was a boy in South Africa in the 60's. I have never lived in Manchester but have supported the team through bad and good my whole life. I follow them passionately and always will.

I now live in NY and am pleased to have a team close by with a connection to City. I have never been a Red Bulls fan but am going to get season tickets for NYCFC and support them whole heartedly, like the team I supported growing up in SA.

I understand why it's hard for folks in the UK to get excited about this, but for us here, having a small piece of Manchester City in my backyard, is very exciting. And, if as expected, some of the City youth get to play over here, I get an opportunity to see what the "future" may look like too.

unlikelyfan19 said:
Absolutely. City will always be my first team, but I live in the states and this will be a way for me to offer more support to the club than just going to the games when they are here in the off-season, buying some kits, and giving them website hits. I have only missed a handful of games in the last 8 or 9 years when getting a streaming became consistent. This just gives me more football to watch and have some sort of investment in. I live in-between Dallas and Houston so that gives me 4-5 games I can get to, plus hopefully making 1 or 2 games in New York when I can land some cheap airfare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.