New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

I hate to interrupt all these teething problems and vitriolic points scoring, but could I just suggest that instead of this obsession with stellar signings, it might be more productive for NYCFC to employ a defensive coach, who can teach his full backs how to block crosses, and his central defenders how to anticipate, and attack the ball, rather than waiting for Bradley Wright Phillips to shoot. Perhaps he could also instruct his central midfield how to shield the ball when the opponents are closing down the space.

Getting Iraola who is a fullback and captain of Athletic Bilbao last season to start playing the 12th July will help I´m sure.. He will at a guess have a lot of input regarding defending

So in essence I got banned for speaking the truth. Please tell me how "you owe CFG for creating NYCFC" is ban worthy yet "fuck MCFC" is fully acceptable
Mate, I posted the following -

If the club pull this off, it will catapult the club into headlines across the world. David Villa is a quality player, even at 32. We're talking about a World Cup & Champions League winner whom fans of many clubs in the Premier League would have in their squad as third or fourth choice striker (those in the lower-half of the league might even push to first or second choice).

A moderator set upon me due to my snide comments. I told him it was anything but snide and he should stop being a girl. He set upon me some more so I called him a cockwomble. I was soon banned.

I shouldn't have called him a cockwomble (I hardly shagged his wife, ffs) however the way a moderator set upon the above post was amazing.

On reflection, I would like to retract my cockwomble comment. He was a shitehawk.

Mate, I posted the following -

A moderator set upon me due to my snide comments. I told him it was anything but snide and he should stop being a girl. He set upon me some more so I called him a cockwomble. I was soon banned.

I shouldn't have called him a cockwomble (I hardly shagged his wife, ffs) however the way a moderator set upon the above post was amazing.

On reflection, I would like to retract my cockwomble comment. He was a shitehawk.
Their forum makes RAWK seem reasonable. Don't get me started on how many at the matches aren't even watching the match but rather are more concentrated on being seen in the crowd. There's more crowd watching than match watching. Pathetic

Uhm... No one was banned for no reason. Everyone I've ever banned was private messaged, warned numerous times and then banned. Temporarily. Came back and then banned permanently.
As far as CFG is concerned 99% of users will back CFG. This far into the season most are calling for CFG to have more involvement as our coaching staff are a bunch of dimwits.
The issue lies in joining a forum made for and only for NYCFC in order to push a different agenda.
I won't deny any member joining from Manchester their loyal allegiance to MCFC as they've grown with this club from birth. However, joining our forum which is a melting pot of members who support clubs from all over the world and wanting to 'defend' MCFC more than you want to discuss NYCFC will in due time get you banned.
Same as here. If I came here and replied to every comment that shit on NYCFC or our fan base and started crap in every read that did this I would soon be banned. Despite the fact we are linked by ownership neither forum should be subject to the others members coming over for the sole reason of 'defending' their club.
Which, might I add, wouldn't be necessary if it wasn't for the Lampard debacle. That pissed a lot of people off and rightfully so. However our anger wasn't directed at YOU it was directed at ownership. Playing without Lampard this season has obviously left us in a bit of a rut.
Solo, met you in person at the Mad Hatter the day before the game. Said hi, took the City game in. Enjoyed the atmosphere.
Been following MCFC since I got into EPL about 5 years ago (when it was finally readily available here in the states). Which in turn got me involved in NYCFC. Took an interview with Mark Booth and Sharon, both lovely people, and had nothing but good things to say. Being at Mad Hatter was thrilling. For someone whose only dreamed of going to the Etihad to hear songs being sung by even that many people in person was something else.

I'm sure any criticism towards our infant fan base you may have is justified. But to shit on the forum is not. Everyone is welcome as an NYCFC supporter as that's who the forums are intended for. For those who do have allegiances elsewhere we do have topics for teams in football discussion (as NYCFC has one here) and talk there is welcome. MCFC, Liverpool and Everton are just a few of the clubs with their own threads and that's where discussion of those teams is asked to take place and stay. Anyone that wants to bring their team into NYCFC topics shouldn't be on an NYCFC forum. If you do not register with the intent to discuss the club the forum was built for then you do not belong and you shouldn't be surprised that you were banned.
Do we have some pricks? Yes. A-holes? Certainly. But they're there for the right reasons and held in check when/if they cross the line with one of our own supporters.
The supporter culture here is non-existent. Most of the people attending NYCFC matches sat stiff and Yankees games, Knicks, Rangers and so on their whole lives. Aside from a USMNT game here and there. Im proud that the fan base is where it is now. Averaging one of the highest attendances in the MLS with a supporters section that's at the very least trying every game and learning. It'll get better before it gets worse.

And as a last note, as far as I know none of our members have come here and trolled as NYCFC supporters. Why would it be so much to ask that no one from here do the same? If the intention isn't to discuss said team with inability to leave other allegiances at the door, why bother joining? We have plenty of English members who are actively involved in the community and have never been warned/banned since they're there for the right reason. Shouldn't be so difficult to understand.

BTW we signed Pirlo. Should be announced today. A member found the hidden link to his player page on the NYCFC website. He'd been checking a link for a few days and it was updated tonight with Pirlo added. They took it down shortly after. Here is a screenshot.
It's just a filler page. No true stats and his old number which is currently taken (might be keeping it).
index.php

BTW we signed Pirlo. Should be announced today. A member found the hidden link to his player page on the NYCFC website. He'd been checking a link for a few days and it was updated tonight with Pirlo added. They took it down shortly after. Here is a screenshot.
It's just a filler page. No true stats and his old number which is currently taken (might be keeping it).
index.php
Fantastic signing for the club. I can't wait to see Pirlo and Lampard link-up with Villa. Throw in the forward runs from Facey and Angelino, it could make for exciting viewing.

Fantastic signing for the club. I can't wait to see Pirlo and Lampard link-up with Villa. Throw in the forward runs from Facey and Angelino, it could make for exciting viewing.
Don't see Facey making runs. Unless the game plan and instructions change with all this help coming. He's really stayed at home the entire season. Hardly crossing halfway line. Iraola who will be our RB will definitely get forward. Kreis has a hardon for the diamond so we'll definitely see our backs making runs.
Also looks like Tefu Mashamaite will be joining us on a free transfer. Currently on trial for 10 days but he's been linked for weeks now.
So our back line will be something like this

Angelino (or Calle) - Facey - Tefu - Iraola
Not sure how midfield will line up but you'll definitely see Lampard top of diamond and Pirlo maybe CDM.
Mix will slot into LM or RM and I'd like to see Poku play opposite side. OR if Angelino starts at LB play Calle at LM (natural position) then Mix RM Villa and Poku up top.

index.php

WHHAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT you mean he isnt 5 foot.

Uhm... No one was banned for no reason. Everyone I've ever banned was private messaged, warned numerous times and then banned. Temporarily. Came back and then banned permanently.
As far as CFG is concerned 99% of users will back CFG. This far into the season most are calling for CFG to have more involvement as our coaching staff are a bunch of dimwits.
The issue lies in joining a forum made for and only for NYCFC in order to push a different agenda.
I won't deny any member joining from Manchester their loyal allegiance to MCFC as they've grown with this club from birth. However, joining our forum which is a melting pot of members who support clubs from all over the world and wanting to 'defend' MCFC more than you want to discuss NYCFC will in due time get you banned.
Same as here. If I came here and replied to every comment that shit on NYCFC or our fan base and started crap in every read that did this I would soon be banned. Despite the fact we are linked by ownership neither forum should be subject to the others members coming over for the sole reason of 'defending' their club.
Which, might I add, wouldn't be necessary if it wasn't for the Lampard debacle. That pissed a lot of people off and rightfully so. However our anger wasn't directed at YOU it was directed at ownership. Playing without Lampard this season has obviously left us in a bit of a rut.
Solo, met you in person at the Mad Hatter the day before the game. Said hi, took the City game in. Enjoyed the atmosphere.
Been following MCFC since I got into EPL about 5 years ago (when it was finally readily available here in the states). Which in turn got me involved in NYCFC. Took an interview with Mark Booth and Sharon, both lovely people, and had nothing but good things to say. Being at Mad Hatter was thrilling. For someone whose only dreamed of going to the Etihad to hear songs being sung by even that many people in person was something else.

I'm sure any criticism towards our infant fan base you may have is justified. But to shit on the forum is not. Everyone is welcome as an NYCFC supporter as that's who the forums are intended for. For those who do have allegiances elsewhere we do have topics for teams in football discussion (as NYCFC has one here) and talk there is welcome. MCFC, Liverpool and Everton are just a few of the clubs with their own threads and that's where discussion of those teams is asked to take place and stay. Anyone that wants to bring their team into NYCFC topics shouldn't be on an NYCFC forum. If you do not register with the intent to discuss the club the forum was built for then you do not belong and you shouldn't be surprised that you were banned.
Do we have some pricks? Yes. A-holes? Certainly. But they're there for the right reasons and held in check when/if they cross the line with one of our own supporters.
The supporter culture here is non-existent. Most of the people attending NYCFC matches sat stiff and Yankees games, Knicks, Rangers and so on their whole lives. Aside from a USMNT game here and there. Im proud that the fan base is where it is now. Averaging one of the highest attendances in the MLS with a supporters section that's at the very least trying every game and learning. It'll get better before it gets worse.

And as a last note, as far as I know none of our members have come here and trolled as NYCFC supporters. Why would it be so much to ask that no one from here do the same? If the intention isn't to discuss said team with inability to leave other allegiances at the door, why bother joining? We have plenty of English members who are actively involved in the community and have never been warned/banned since they're there for the right reason. Shouldn't be so difficult to understand.

Good post Dan,every club has fcukwits on forums....even MCFC!

Hope Poku plays more now as Lamps and Pirlo take hold.......cant wait for the next Derby....the lad from Bilbao wont be giving BWP as much room as last week.....will be good to see us give them their first pasting...one word of warning though,it gets boring beating you rivals all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.