Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Depends how you look at it.
If your legs have gone, retire, and if he doesn't retire of his own accord, the manager should retire him.
One or two moments of brilliance every 10 games is not enough for a club that aspires to stay in the top 4, let alone become a feared team in Europe.
Personally, I wouldn't call any of the players a disgrace - I'd just say that some don't have a good enough attitude and some aren't of the quality needed for a genuinely high quality team (some of them suffer from both problems).

The Sunderland fans aren't without bias of course, they really need Newcastle to keep dropping points and we were a seemingly 'obvious' winner against Newcastle. In that respect, they are probably more disappointed than we are, which is some going.
But they look at our team without bias and instantly pick up on the weak point whereas our fans are blinded by what he has done in the past.

I think Newcastle are more likely to go down now after tonight's result. They seemed happy enough with a point but I think Sunderland are looking the strongest of the 4 down there

We have quite literally gone back 6 years in the space of a season, in that we are in a fight to finish in the top 4.

In the past I've had faith in us to get over the line, whatever the line be, winning the league or a certain game etc. This season I have lost all faith in that ability.

It's like the soul of this side has disappeared.

6 years ago, we weren't playing Real Madrid in the Champions League semi finals. Nor were we winning the League Cup. Nor did we have a squad full of world class player. Nor did we have the best manager in the world coming in the summer. To say we've gone backwards this season is an unfair way to look at the 2015-16 season.

Did we under preform in the league this season? Abso-fucking-lutely. But I still have faith in the team and certainly wouldn't say they've lost their soul.

The meme sums it up perfectly....

MBGY5s0.png

But they look at our team without bias and instantly pick up on the weak point whereas our fans are blinded by what he has done in the past.

I think Newcastle are more likely to go down now after tonight's result. They seemed happy enough with a point but I think Sunderland are looking the strongest of the 4 down there

Not sure. Yes tonight you could pick holes in every single player, but against Chelsea neutrals thought we were very great. It's only us (City fans) who see us week in week out and hopefully get a more balanced / overall view.
That said, you only need to look on here to still see some serious polarisation of views on players like Navas and Toure (plus others). I sit with some blokes who think Navas gets a hard time, whilst I personally think he falls way short of end product for us.
It interesting though how many neutrals pick out Navas as poor - a lot more than Toure.

One thing is for sure - everybody knows we are far too inconsistent, and CL semi-finalists flatters us greatly. I can't disagree.

Truth be told, we don't really have a midfield.
If feels more like we are playing 4-0-6 or 7-0-3 - almost at though they are told to defend for their lives (against some great CL teams) or be trying to break down teams who park the bus.

I don't feel we actually have a traditional midfield that just tries to control the game from the middle of the pitch.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.