Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Why's it bollocks? Do you think some of the clubs that are sniffing round him will look elsewhere if city finish outside the top 4... Doubt it, so makes little difference to Pellegrini where we finish, apart from probably a wedge of a bonus

If I was leaving a company, especially if the decision was not mine, I wouldn't be busting a gut to ensure my work helped the business going forward... Human nature

So he is going to purposely not give a shite where we finish and potentially blemish his record given he would like to manage another decent club.....I will bet that Pep will be doing his best to see Bayern win their League and Champions league.....despite already having a job to go to, infact I am willing to bet Pep will have no hesitation in celebrating wildly if his team dry bum us in the final.....even if it turns out to be a case of shooting himself in the foot with regard to his participation in next seasons CL.

I would normally agree about teams fighting for their PL lives etc, but this wasn't an intense game... it wasn't rip-roaring 'scrap for every ball' from Newcastle. They offered very little (as did we).
Newcastle still looked mediocre tonight, we just happened to be every bit as bad as them.

Yup.

Someone said they just laugh now when Bony comes on. I found myself laughing when Kolarov nonchalantly played the ball up the lime and out of play. Utter garbage, I can do that myself thanks. A dreadful defender and piss poor going forward. Amusingly bad.

I would normally agree about teams fighting for their PL lives etc, but this wasn't an intense game... it wasn't rip-roaring 'scrap for every ball' from Newcastle. They offered very little (as did we).
Newcastle still looked mediocre tonight, we just happened to be every bit as bad as them.

I think you do Newcastle a disservice, i thought they were ok tonight nothing special, but they are second bottom so they are not going to be world beaters. They put a shift in and had much more to lose than we did and that showed. We were not great and were we to perform like that in Madrid or in Manchester next week then god help us...but we wont of that I am sure.

He has sucked the life and Joy out of this team..

When we have a fully fit squad its fine . Individuals all perform well and we have enough to win.

When we dont he stills send them out with the same no instructions but the players left arent good enough and its easy to pick off and isolate our better players. The players that need help, support and tactical instructions from the manager dont look happy and dont have a clue what to do. The star player no matter how hard they try have no chance.

A manager earns his money when he makes the team greater than the sum of its parts, when he has to shuffle his pack and when he has to have a plan B or C. This joker has had non of that for 3 years an in my opinion its down to laziness. The only time he has been arsed is in Europe this year where he has adapted . Yet in the league he has behaved like a stupid stubborn old fool for 3 years.

Quality players have carried him . He is a fraud - good fucking ridance

Yup.

Someone said they just laugh now when Bony comes on. I found myself laughing when Kolarov nonchalantly played the ball up the lime and out of play. Utter garbage, I can do that myself thanks. A dreadful defender and piss poor going forward. Amusingly bad.

Did you laugh at the invisible runs from Kun to give the defence a target to aim at?

He has sucked the life and Joy out of this team..

When we have a fully fit squad its fine . Individuals all perform well and we have enough to win.

When we dont he stills send them out with the same no instructions but the players left arent good enough and its easy to pick off and isolate our better players. The players that need help, support and tactical instructions from the manager dont look happy and dont have a clue what to do. The star player no matter how hard they try have no chance.

A manager earns his money when he makes the team greater than the sum of its parts, when he has to shuffle his pack and when he has to have a plan B or C. This joker has had non of that for 3 years an in my opinion its down to laziness. The only time he has been arsed is in Europe this year where he has adapted . Yet in the league he has behaved like a stupid stubborn old fool for 3 years.

Quality players have carried him . He is a fraud - good fucking ridance

I largely agree, but at the same time, it's very hard to ignore the players on the pitch too.
Perhaps it's a very naive view, but in my simplistic opinion, you should be able to toss all the names into a hat and pull them out at random and still expect them to show some determination and will to win.
When we take a throw-in, nobody wants the ball.
When the ball goes out of play, nobody is running to take a quick throw-in.
Nobody is running to take the corner.
I know they seem like relatively trivial things, but it's those little indicators that not only give us (the fans) a sense that they are eager to win, but it also gives the opposition an indication of how determined we are.
A player taking all the time in the world to stroll up to a corner is telling the opposition 'we aren't that bothered'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.