Newcastle (a) post match thread

That performance was not a surprise to me, I was at the Huddersfield game and thought we were poor apart from two bits of brilliant play that bagged two goals.
Our passing has been off for a few games now, we seem to slow the game down and I can’t put my finger in why this is happening, maybe the full backs aren’t overlapping anywhere near as much?

well we'll see. I still say that goal gets given anywhere else. the card was just laughable. better placed people than you or me say the same.
I agreed 100% Bill we have seen the same situation before and the ref would ignore it and award a goal

well we'll see. I still say that goal gets given anywhere else. the card was just laughable. better placed people than you or me say the same.

It wouldn't have been given tho would it? Everyone was pissed off but the replay clearly showed the ref tell Kev to wait for the whistle. You can argue about the yellow but certainly not over it being disallowed. All this conspiracy bollocks is getting ridiculous. The 4 league games we've lost we've been shite in 3 and played brilliantly first half at Chelsea but didn't take our chances. Only got ourselves to blame. We had all this about cup draws being fixed against us not long ago. That one's gone quiet since we've started getting some of the easiest draws possible

That performance was not a surprise to me, I was at the Huddersfield game and thought we were poor apart from two bits of brilliant play that bagged two goals.
Our passing has been off for a few games now, we seem to slow the game down and I can’t put my finger in why this is happening, maybe the full backs aren’t overlapping anywhere near as much?

walker is not overlapping at all and when he tries he fails hard,either his touch lets hom down,his passes and crosses are all pretty bad imo,he makes stupid mistakes on defensive side.i dont know what is wrong with him but something is really off

Sadly it’s just too many games for the players and mental fatigue comes into play. Can’t believe we have played 4 times since Liverpool last played a game. That’s a pretty mad stat

i agree with this, that fatigue plays a huge part - not just in performance, but for morale and in mental attitudes too.

Yes, oc KDB and Mendy are coming in from injury - as is Sergio, and they do need an extra bit of care - but these guys do have the very best in medical care and post-injury care / physio etc.... they may not play for 90 minutes, but yes, being tired / exhausted / drained - mentally, physically and emotionally are always going to be the biggest hurdles when City are fighting four fronts.

But we do also forget that City players are at the very peak of fitness, bar a few players like Mendy and KDB whose fitness dictates their play-time.

Rotation certainly plays a key to the teams state of fitness and state of mind, and with rotation 4 games isn't necessarily 4 games for every player.

Play one rest one is a good regime, but they remain in training and the schedule is tough - forget Liverpool, City's biggest enemy is the schedule, for sure.

But, we are also dealing with athletes who are at or very near their peak fitness - but certainly it doesn't help that the field isn't level in that our opponents are not facing the same play-regime that City are.

Lots of factors, bad judgements, bad tackles, missing passes, not being as fast on the ball or the pace or being in the right place etc - there were times, even, against Burton away and against Rotherham at the Etihad when players weren't always in the right place when the ball came in, it may have just been one step out, sometimes even less, and i'm not going to crucify a player for that - but even so, and even then, where City had blistering wins, fatigue was playing a part in some area's of play too.

Edit to add: City are a great team, they have shown us some fantastic football - the last three years or so at least they have been absolutely world class, i enjoy watching football and the last couple of years City have played some of the best football i have ever seen.

If Liverpool win the PL this season, fuck it, they will never ever be able to replicate the football City have played this year, or last year - and they can't take the memories of that play away, or diminish it on the strength of three bad results. And they will never be able to take back being beaten at the Etihad by a team that outclassed them in every respect :)

But, the scousers ain't won it yet :)

Last edited:
Totally disagree the Sane one was bad but Gundo over Mahrez was an even worse decision We needed someone to take a man on not more square passes.
I have not witnessed Mahrez take on a man and beat him since he arrived

It wouldn't have been given tho would it? Everyone was pissed off but the replay clearly showed the ref tell Kev to wait for the whistle. You can argue about the yellow but certainly not over it being disallowed. All this conspiracy bollocks is getting ridiculous. The 4 league games we've lost we've been shite in 3 and played brilliantly first half at Chelsea but didn't take our chances. Only got ourselves to blame. We had all this about cup draws being fixed against us not long ago. That one's gone quiet since we've started getting some of the easiest draws possible

Well said, Blue. We need a measure of level-headedness here. Ref was poor, but without an agenda, just poor. Our success or otherwise is entirely in our own hands. Well, until we get back to Champs league action, anyway...

Ok so it was really horrible to watch, looked slow and lacking passion. Today I feel more disappointed than angry, bit like when your kids let you down due to lack of effort when you know they can do so much better. I will back them all the way when they look like they give a shit and don't look entitled. Bad day. Need remotivating and don't deserve to win the title playing like that. Got up for the Liverpool game and lost to much poorer teams. It's not about talent, seems its about mentality and desire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.