Newcastle (a) post match thread

I’d be genuinely amazed if they don’t win by at least 3 goals tonight. They are dominating this league, aided by the officials or not, it’s still domination. 0 points dropped against teams outside the top 6. Does anyone honestly see that changing tonight?
I don't know what to think any longer pal. All I know, is when a club like us is relying on the left and right backs at our disposal, then something isn't right.

It was always big ask to retain the title considering our form this season. Defensively, we’re going need to find additional cover for the full backs in the summer.

In addition, I hope our social media team would not act so obnoxious in future but I won’t hold out on that. Everything the clubs digital and social media team do is utterly repellent. Wouldn’t be surprised to find out they’ve handed the responsibilities to some Americans.

City have now lost 3 league games this season after taking the lead. We seem to go into energy conservation mode and if the opposition score due to our poor defending we can't seemingly snap out of it.

I would imagine that last night signals the end of the quick free kick in the game or does it just apply to us ?
Just to us though to be fair to the ref he did clearly tell Kevin not to take it till the wall was sorted out.
The booking was out if order though.

Our defending last night was shocking. Especially on the left hand side. I've never seen Laporte have such a bad game. Perhaps he's been rested too much of late?

Fatigue for me.

Competing in 4 competitions sounds great, but all of these games are having a major effect physically but moreso mentally. We’ve already played 38 games and playing 4 games since Liverpool last played is a crazy stat. I don’t think we’ve had the same intensity this season in a lot of games. In the 3 games against Palace, Leicester & Newcastle, we were 1 up and completely eased off.

Fernandinho and David Silva have been unbelievable for us, but both are 33 years old, should they really be expected to be put in top class performances on a weekly basis at this stage of their careeers? I think it may be a season too far for that type of demand on 33 year old centre midfielders. I just don’t feel we have the same energy in the team that we did last season.

Not addressing the defensive midfielder and left back depth issues in the summer is beginning to prove costly.

Ball was in the air and Sane for should competed for the ball just to him of he just stood there watching him head it! None of our players last night had that luxary newcastle was on us in a blink of an eye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.