Newcastle (a) post match thread

Fatigue for me.

Competing in 4 competitions sounds great, but all of these games are having a major effect physically but moreso mentally. We’ve already played 38 games and playing 4 games since Liverpool last played is a crazy stat. I don’t think we’ve had the same intensity this season in a lot of games. In the 3 games against Palace, Leicester & Newcastle, we were 1 up and completely eased off.

Fernandinho and David Silva have been unbelievable for us, but both are 33 years old, should they really be expected to be put in top class performances on a weekly basis at this stage of their careeers? I think it may be a season too far for that type of demand on 33 year old centre midfielders. I just don’t feel we have the same energy in the team that we did last season.

Not addressing the defensive midfielder and left back depth issues in the summer is beginning to prove costly.

We really can't blame fatigue or being in 4 competitions for that shit show. Look at the games we've had since the complete stroll against Wolves. Plenty of time between them, a virtual friendly, a walking pace 2nd half against Huddersfield. Loads of rotation for the matches. We were still in 4 comps at this stage last season and it wasn't a problem then... Only strange thing is how we never really kick on in the transfer market each year after winning the league. We don't seem to learn on that front.

Was saying similar to this in the Mahrez thread.

Not disagreeing he's been a disappointment so far but the point remains after taking off 2 of our only players who can go past people and needing 2 goals against a team with a parked but he was the only real decent option at that stage. He's certainly got the ability to make something happen out of nothing. Unless we have already decided to completely right him off after an average first 6 months.

So much money spent on defending and we still have problems defending. These useless second balls in front of goal, you just know it will end up in the back of the net.
Ederson is starting to look like another Bravo. Is he able to save anything, other than what is expected of him? He is not a world class keeper. Both Alisson, De Gea, Lloris and a lot of keepers are better. The feet? Sure Ederson is the best, but the feet is only a part of it. I hope Zack Steffen will become our number 1 next season. I'm starting to lose faith in Ederson. Crystal Palace, Leicester, Newcastle. He has to start showing his worth, more than just playing out from the back. We need a fkng keeper. Their job is to save the team when the defenders screw up.
Lol load of crap

We really can't blame fatigue or being in 4 competitions for that shit show. Look at the games we've had since the complete stroll against Wolves. Plenty of time between them, a virtual friendly, a walking pace 2nd half against Huddersfield. Loads of rotation for the matches. We were still in 4 comps at this stage last season and it wasn't a problem then... Only strange thing is how we never really kick on in the transfer market each year after winning the league. We don't seem to learn on that front.

Big difference is last season didn’t have the World Cup leading up to it meaning the players had no rest in the summer (physically or mentally).

You know when someone like Kyle Walker falls off a cliff edge in terms of physicality you know you’re in big trouble, there’s just no way it’s not affecting other players as well. Liverpool are out of both domestic cup competition and we’re at a very early stage. That’s a huge advantage when it comes to the league.

Personally I would play the kids, literally all the kids, no first team players even in the squad unless they needed game time recovering from an injury in the league cup. Maybe even the early rounds of the FA Cup, although I wouldn’t want to risk getting knocked out so it would have to be more balanced.

What on earth makes you think we are good enough to win the CL? I’d say that was as close to our strongest possible team last night

You can't look at one game and decide whether we can or can't win a competition. Liverpool got to the final last year whilst we managed to finish 25pts and 3 places higher than them in the league.

Over two legs we can beat anyone. We can beat Schalke and then we are into the quarters. Anything can happen in the CL. There are plenty of teams in transition this season. No real standout side. Real have declined. Barca aren't unbeatable. Atletico and Juve are strong but both can be beaten. Bayern, Dortmund and PSG aren't any stronger than City.

That side we played last night blew most teams away last season on its way to 100pts. We fell apart at Anfield yet were a bad offside call away from being 2-0 up with plenty of time to claw that tie back.

Still got plenty of belief. De Bruyne being fit and on the pitch makes a huge difference. He will be fuming that after going off the team lost that game.

Big difference is last season didn’t have the World Cup leading up to it meaning the players had no rest in the summer (physically or mentally).

You know when someone like Kyle Walker falls off a cliff edge in terms of physicality you know you’re in big trouble, there’s just no way it’s not affecting other players as well. Liverpool are out of both domestic cup competition and we’re at a very early stage. That’s a huge advantage when it comes to the league.

Personally I would play the kids, literally all the kids, no first team players even in the squad unless they needed game time recovering from an injury in the league cup. Maybe even the early rounds of the FA Cup, although I wouldn’t want to risk getting knocked out so it would have to be more balanced.

But he put out weak teams in the early rounds of the league cup. We've got 4 midfielders for 4 positions and that's not including Foden, the strikers keep swapping from game top game. It's just not an excuse for last night after a run of easy games. Walker can't fucking control a ball whilst nobody is within 15 yards of him consistently. If that's down to tiredness then it really is time to give up, they train every bloody day and they'll have had harder training sessions than most these recent matches.Taking it too easy and starting games with barely any tempo is a what's caught

Stangely Ronaldo and Messi seem to cope with constantly playing for about 15 years.

Not disagreeing he's been a disappointment so far but the point remains after taking off 2 of our only players who can go past people and needing 2 goals against a team with a parked but he was the only real decent option at that stage. He's certainly got the ability to make something happen out of nothing. Unless we have already decided to completely right him off after an average first 6 months.
Agreed.

You can't look at one game and decide whether we can or can't win a competition. Liverpool got to the final last year whilst we managed to finish 25pts and 3 places higher than them in the league.

Over two legs we can beat anyone. We can beat Schalke and then we are into the quarters. Anything can happen in the CL. There are plenty of teams in transition this season. No real standout side. Real have declined. Barca aren't unbeatable. Atletico and Juve are strong but both can be beaten. Bayern, Dortmund and PSG aren't any stronger than City.

That side we played last night blew most teams away last season on its way to 100pts. We fell apart at Anfield yet were a bad offside call away from being 2-0 up with plenty of time to claw that tie back.

Still got plenty of belief. De Bruyne being fit and on the pitch makes a huge difference. He will be fuming that after going off the team lost that game.
CL is all about mentality and every time we play in CL against tricky team we are very nervous, can barely string 3 passes together and look like being 1 mistake away from completely collapsing. I don't hold much hope for winning the CL, you never know of course but just cant see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.