Newcastle (a) post match thread

We can't use fatigue as an excise, Pep has rotated well, some players have been rested for two games lately. After winning the title some players just don't appear to have the mental toughness to dig in and grind out the results. It happens with a lot of title winners which is why no one has retained it for years.

Certain players have dropped off the pace badly lately and our key players from the last few seasons are sadly started to feel the effects of father time. On paper the title isn't over but in reality I fear it is, I just don't think we have the hunger in the belly to claw it back and this year the dippers won't let it slip either.

And there's me spouting off about oozing class again, looking like we might not lose another game this season, could go really close to winning all four trophies blah, blah. In a nutshell we had three really decent chances to get the ball sack bulging and put the game to bed. And we hit their keeper or defenders. Got to score those, simple. They have two efforts on target, two goals. Palace had three on target, three goals etc etc. If only we were so clinical! I didn't think it was a pen

Now the trolls have fucked off

I posted at 1-0 i felt nervous,i knew we were going to lose the game,the vibe was all wrong,having said that if the ref hadn't have disallowed a perfectly good goal we would have been ok,is there a new rule that you can't take a quick free kick,never seen a ref do that before and doubt it'll ever happen again,the title has gone,i never thought we would crumble this season,it's a shame

Now the trolls have fucked off

I posted at 1-0 i felt nervous,i knew we were going to lose the game,the vibe was all wrong,having said that if the ref hadn't have disallowed a perfectly good goal we would have been ok,is there a new rule that you can't take a quick free kick,never seen a ref do that before and doubt it'll ever happen again,the title has gone,i never thought we would crumble this season,it's a shame

To be fair, that’s always been the case - if he says wait for my whistle then the kick can’t be taken.

In terms of last night, I had the same feeling too. I don’t think the early goal helped really as we didn’t get into any rhythm as we didn’t need to spend time settling into the game and looking for it. That and when a team is that deep and plays with a bank of five and four, the passing has to be completely on it and Silva in particular I thought really struggled.

Shite performance, and topped off by several of our under-performing jokers fucking off down the tunnel at full time rather than acknowledging those of us who bothered to travel.
We needed a deputy for Dino and a reliable full back or two, yet all we did in the summer was spend a lot of money on a player for a position that was not a top priority.
Can't see the Dippers dropping points as the rags did in 2012, but we live in hope. And we've still got three cups to aim for.

We really can't blame fatigue or being in 4 competitions for that shit show. Look at the games we've had since the complete stroll against Wolves. Plenty of time between them, a virtual friendly, a walking pace 2nd half against Huddersfield. Loads of rotation for the matches. We were still in 4 comps at this stage last season and it wasn't a problem then... Only strange thing is how we never really kick on in the transfer market each year after winning the league. We don't seem to learn on that front.

I just get the feeling we’re mentally fatigued, coming off the back of the World Cup probably something to do with it. The amount of games, lack of rest, the intensity which Pep wants us to press, the intensity of Pep’s management. It all adds up I think, combined with a few key players in the middle of the park being 33.

You’re bang on about not kicking on in the transfer market.

Last summer is looking a bit strange now. Did we really need Mahrez? We obviously didn’t need an overhaul, but depth at left back and holding midfield was clearly needed and we didn’t get it.

Forgive my ignorance on the game's rules, but wasn't disallowing the goal, and booking KDB two punishments for one offence?
Disallowing a goal isn't a punishment, it's application of the rules. I can understand why that was done, but booking the player was tedious. Then again he got away with a poor tackle later so all in all, fair I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.