Newcastle (a) post match thread

Completely disagree with that, I've seen it suggest that Bournemouth and Everton were the other two and I don't even agree with them on that. That's about it though, there were no more remotely credible shouts in other league games, so you're over egging it there, just a tad.

It's as I said earlier, too many flappers intent on making out we have been shite this season when we haven't. Fuck knows what they make of most of Liverpools games then, the team we're directly competing with. All we have to do is be better than them, we have been but we just haven't had the luck they have.
They've rode their luck for sure but Come on we've shot ourselves in the foot big time. Should have been a routine win tonight especially after the start we got, yet it was a throwback to Pellers last season or Peps first strolling about passing it over and back until the eventual cock up comes. Surely for a manager of Peps pedigree he has to do more to either motivate or change tactics to turn things around, absolutely maddening to see us passing it backwards and sidewards during those 5 minutes of stoppage time. Get a centre back up front and ruffle a few feathers.

City are at their best when they hit teams on the break So instead of this slow predictable build up we should let these defensive teams have the ball for a bit longer, the false sense of security syndrome. Then do em on the break. Possession will not win the leauge

First 10/15 minutes we got through quite easily when we played with some tempo. But we were falling , stretching for bad passes,
most of the game.

I missed first 14 minutes, lol, but I guess they upped their game later. They were very close all the time, covering the space and pressing when needed. We were miles from our best but some part of it is also due to them frustrating us. It was definitely a good game for relegation candidates.

They've rode their luck for sure but Come on we've shot ourselves in the foot big time. Should have been a routine win tonight especially after the start we got, yet it was a throwback to Pellers last season or Peps first strolling about passing it over and back until the eventual cock up comes. Surely for a manager of Peps pedigree he has to do more to either motivate or change tactics to turn things around, absolutely maddening to see us passing it backwards and sidewards during those 5 minutes of stoppage time. Get a centre back up front and ruffle a few feathers.
Yep we needed to win and we didn't, we were shit tonight in fact(worse performance of the season by a distance) which makes it harder to accept.

My point was we've mostly been punished harshly, when we've been off the pace, they haven't had it half as bad as us in that respect and they've had more games off the pace. Maybe "It's not our year" rather than us being completely unworthy.

We've mostly been battering teams this season, or at least playing very well, looking very comfortable in the majority of our games. This is despite De Bruyne and Silva not always playing too. This season cannot be compared to Mancini or Pellegrini title defences, the result might end up similar, with no PL title at the end of it but the journey is already proving to be vastly different, we're much much better.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.