Newcastle (a) post match thread

I can take losing (just) but when they put in a performance like that it's intolerable. And it's only fucking Tuesday night - the dippers at work will be full of it tomorrow.
The ref called the disallowed goal correctly - he told de Bruyne to wait for the whistle - never a card though. But why can't players take a quick free kick?

Who’s going to potentially change a game off the bench, Mahrez or Gundogan. Unreal choice from Pep. Just what we needed, another sideways pass merchant.

Mahrez might not have hit any heights yet but I’d rather him on the pitch if we are looking for something.[/QUOTE

I could not fucking believe that sub. He'd already dropped one bollock subbing Sane at 1-1but when desperate for a goal or some invention that sub summed the night up.

Never up for it tonight, Pep looked like he didn't care and the players played like they didn't, love to know what went on today as something didn't seem right.
Yes something was off. For all the players to drop a turd like that and the management team didn’t seem overly bothered either. Who knows.

Title race is far from over,14 games left yet and Liverpool may have a collapse.
I've been saying the same all season but I think this is now a step too far. Can't see then slipping up 3 times let alone us winning all of our remaining games. We don't deserve it TBH, let's just hope we can win the other 2 domestic cups and have a good go at the champs league. We will have to defend alot better to do the latter though!

I’m not having that. We lost because we were fucking dogshit, simple as that. That’s 4 defeats in our last 9 in the league, and they’ve all been the same. Sloppy, lazy passing in midfield, attacking at walking pace, and undone by simple 60 yard hoofs at the back, where titting around and inviting trouble has become the norm. That was the 4th utterly needless penalty we’ve conceded, with no threat of a goal whatsoever, in 3 months.
Pep needs to ask some serious questions of both his players and himself. Danilo, Aguero, Walker, Dave, Sterling, they were all pathetic tonight. In fact Laporte was the only one in a blue shirt who didn’t embarrass himself

Why? After taking the lead why a great football team turned to shit is a mystery.

="BlueAnorak, post: 11513111, member: 34294"]Well that was dreadful. Passing to slow, lack of movement and awful passing accuracy. Laporte had a stinker too.
We always seem to play badly when we score that early.

Exactly. Must be a bit of arrogance setting in that we're playing a bottom table club and expect to easily bang four or five more past them after the first minute goal, because that's what we usually do. Most worrying thing was that Pep looks spent. Almost every time the camera was on him, he was sat there staring at his feet like he was really cheesed off.

Tonight the players looked like they thought it would be in the bag without breaking sweat. Bit them square on the ass though.

The irony is that in his press conference, Guardiola was predicting how he knew Newcastle would play, but nothing we did tonight was anything different from what we have done all season. It was the same pace, the same angles probed, and the same players giving the ball away time after time as it has been all season. Our better moments came when the play was scrappy and individuals won battles and turned the Newcastle players, yet when we had the ball we were ponderous.

When it comes to the nitty-gritty, Guardiola has a group of players he trusts, and those were the ones he fielded tonight, arguably our strongest team. However, those players have not played as a unit all season and the rustiness of some was matched by the weariness of others; in truth, I thought we would have fielded that eleven at the weekend, simply to get the game won quickly and to have them gelling as a team once more. As it was, we waited to tonight in the misguided hope that things would just click into place on the pitch, and indeed they did, for the first 30 seconds.

Our greatest ever manager reminds you of Basildon Fawley? Yeah ok.
Greatest ever manager? On what grounds. So far he's won 2 trophies in 3 years. If he wins the CC he equals Pelligrini
Wins the CL then we can start talking greatest ever City manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.