Newcastle (a) post match thread

Klopp was asked in October/November (I think) who can beat City to the title and he said something like it is only City that can beat themselves. And it's exactly what we've been doing in the past two months .We've had three carbon-copy losses in the last 6 weeks and I have no clue how Pep addresses this problem, which is huge in my opinion. It is one thing to lose the game to a better team, but to lose to mediocre sides after controlling the games for 75-80% times is like we are lobotomised mid-game. In the hindsight, those last 10 minutes against Watford away were the precursor of things to come.
Pep gets £15m per year to find solutions to our teams problems, if I was at the club I'd tell Pep it's ok to win 1-0, and more importantly it's ok to play on the counter.

No, I’ve not woken up this pissed off with football for quite a while

Understand the disappointment of last night but second in the league, group stages of the CL, in one cup final and in the fifth round of the FA cup. It’s never been a better time to be a blue. Keep the faith, we will back for our title next year if we don’t win it this year!

God woke up feeling like I've had a death in the family but what's done is done move on we have a hell ov a lot to play for still and city wouldn't be city if we didn't do that last night.come on city.

Keep seeing everyone complaint about the goal disallowed. Unfortunately I was unable to watch so only had big noses updates on sky sports. Even he was saying it was a joke it was disallowed but later confessed the ref said to KDB either don’t take it or wait to the whistle. If that’s the case and he took it why are people moaning?

Waited until this morning to post, I still have don't know what the fuck happened last night to a team that was flying, did someone's dog die.
Flying if you look at stats against fodder who'd given up before kick off.
Slightly unfair - but look what happens when we meet well organised resilience.
Liverpool was an incredible game but we had to give everthing we had against a team that played nothing more than well. Papered over our issues this season.

I feel what we saw in last nights game was not a lack of desire but simply tiredness and maybe a touch of arrogance. We are still coming off the back of a busy christmas period of football where the likes of Silva and Fernandinho who are both over 30 have played a lot of football, Sergio too. What shocked me was that if we hadn't scored so early I actually believe we would have won the game, the early goal seemed to re-affirm something in the players that they were playing Rotheram or Burton again and it would be a walk in the park, its only 15th placed Newcastle. When Newcastle came at us after the break we didn't know what to do and were looking leggy. Sane and Sterling were full of beans early on and were trying to make things happen but no one was supporting them particularly well.

If its tiredness then there isn't much you can do but one critic I have despite Pep's winning mentality and wanting 100% every game is did we really need to bust a gut against Burton, Rotherham and Burnley most recently to score as many goals as possible? Dinho shouldn't have started last night not when he played against Burnley and that was the difference, Silva struggled too. De Bruyne was our best midfield outlet but when he had to come off for fear of getting sent off the writing was on the wall for me, we were not going to win this game.

I'm not that arsed about getting beat, and I'm not that arsed that we might not win the league - I've seen enough of both of those that neither phases me.

What I am arsed about is that it could be those bottom feeders from the other end of the East Lancs Road that win it. They're unbearable scum at the absolute best of times and the media circle jerk all over them is sickening; I'm dreading May because I can imagine what it might be like.

Keep seeing everyone complaint about the goal disallowed. Unfortunately I was unable to watch so only had big noses updates on sky sports. Even he was saying it was a joke it was disallowed but later confessed the ref said to KDB either don’t take it or wait to the whistle. If that’s the case and he took it why are people moaning?

The goal was rightfully disallowed. Although I completely disagree that the team taking the kick should wait for the ref. The fact of the matter is the ref told him to wait and he didn’t - we can’t really complain about that

City player slowly and every time we play slowly we look shit

I feel what we saw in last nights game was not a lack of desire but simply tiredness and maybe a touch of arrogance. We are still coming off the back of a busy christmas period of football where the likes of Silva and Fernandinho who are both over 30 have played a lot of football, Sergio too. What shocked me was that if we hadn't scored so early I actually believe we would have won the game, the early goal seemed to re-affirm something in the players that they were playing Rotheram or Burton again and it would be a walk in the park, its only 15th placed Newcastle. When Newcastle came at us after the break we didn't know what to do and were looking leggy. Sane and Sterling were full of beans early on and were trying to make things happen but no one was supporting them particularly well.

If its tiredness then there isn't much you can do but one critic I have despite Pep's winning mentality and wanting 100% every game is did we really need to bust a gut against Burton, Rotherham and Burnley most recently to score as many goals as possible? Dinho shouldn't have started last night not when he played against Burnley and that was the difference, Silva struggled too. De Bruyne was our best midfield outlet but when he had to come off for fear of getting sent off the writing was on the wall for me, we were not going to win this game.

I agree with most of what you say, but those absolutely weren't the matches I saw. I didn't think we were doing anything to bust a gut. On the contrary, we were coasting, and pretty much scoring goals when we felt like it. That may, indeed, be part of the problem. We've been lulled into a torpor by the quality of the opposition we've been playing. When we do come up against a team that are busting a gut – as Newcastle, last night – we needed to raise our game to the equivalent level. Instead, we carried on playing in the torpor of those matches.

Although I didn't expect last night's 'performance' the fact is we have been well below last seasons standards for months and even before our recent semi-collapse. Half arsed, strolling around play from far too many, the whole team seemingly stopping playing when we get in front and a mass loss of form have combined to create a perfect storm.

The league may have gone but there is still time to make sure the season isn't a complete non-event. However, there needs to be some hunger and desire shown in order for that to happen & Pep needs to show that he won't accept what the squad is currently delivering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.