Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Not sure the commentary was really that biased. It’s their job to excite the neutral not us. I thought there was a decent amount of praise in the first 40. Not sure what praise they could give us second half, although perhaps over praise for them. It did come across like we were being beaten by a national league team. We had more established players out or injured than they did and some coming back to match fitness. There’s not much more to say about Kalvin. Shame for him, he seems a decent lad. But I’d like to play for us too. I think we’ll both play the same amount of games between now and the end of the season. I’m personally more pissed off at Joel Linton getting away with everything(like at our ground), the constant rolling on the floor, just 6 minutes and a ref that predictably gets the yellows out for us first. Odd game. Never mind, super cup, the treble and a world club cup on the way.

Thought the commentary was very good as was the refereeing, in particular the refereeing of Joelinton who I’m sure would have picked up a yellow had he drove his car onto the pitch and ran some fucker over.

Always want City to win but if I had to choose a competition to go out early of, this would have been it.

Fuckin embarrassing commentary and embarrassing reactions from Newcastle.
You should wait for this They defeat the champions of Europe.... Good first half, Grealish was not really in the match,Bobb Gomez and Lewis deserve to be in the team,I have my doubts for Philips.... It's not the end of the world, life goes on and there's more silver to win this season if we're good enough and with less injuries....

Better team by a country mile in the first half and after we brought our two substitutes on, we were better by a nautical mile. Just a pity we lost our bearings in between. Perfect test ahead of the next two games, and the experience will not do the youngsters and Phillips any harm.
Now we're out of the Caraboa Phillips won't start another game unless we draw a minnow in the FA Cup. That's if he's still around in Jan.

Congratulations to NUFC.

Gutted as l was hoping to scrape through, but it was a little bit to much playing NUFC at the wrong time.

Had we'd played Cardiff we'd have probably scraped through and may have won the whole thing.

but sometimes you need luck on the field and luck off it.

we won the treble from a similar position last season, lets crack on.

Exactly the kind of performance I was expecting to be honest.

The positives for me are that Walker, Dias and Haaland got a full rest, we will now have a much more manageable fixture schedule and Oscar Bobb looks the real deal.

I hate seeing us lose but I think it'll be a blessing in disguise and will help us in the other competitions.
Exactly that. Well said.

Extremely disappointed when we lose.
Don't understand this half-arsed approach by Pep, either play kids and lose or play to win.
Lost to five minutes of bluster and shouting crowd.
Phillips didn't do many things wrong, but nobody replaces Rodri right now even for a game.
With Nunes and Doku on we were 300% better.
I know Jack has been injured, but don't see him regaining his place in the first eleven.

Very disappointing result but a decent performance. Bobb looked ok, Rico too save for his moment of madness, Nunes and Doku impressed when they came in and Ortega didn’t put a foot wrong in his first game for months.

Gomez was unreliable on the whole and now to the elephant in the room ….. Phillips was pisspoor, slow on the ball and slow trying to recover it, not brave in possession - always playing the easiest pass, no sense whatsoever of a man confident of grasping his big chance, no sense of a senior pro helping young talent thru a tricky away game. He’s a fish out of water - bin him in January or better still give him to a Saudi club this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.