Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

We played half a full strength team and didn’t bring on our strongest players. Of course I wanted us to win but in the context of a competition that we were never likely to win due to the clash with the club World Cup, no I’m not too disappointed we’re out at this stage.
Fair enough.

Thought Gomez looked ok, he’s good on the ball.

What did Joelinton have to do to get a card?

Don’t think Pep was bothered much…..
Kick the ball away for three yards, apart from kick us to kingdom come (for which he didn’t get carded).

Obviously disappointing that we lost, but I think there's still positives to take from the game.

We completely bossed the 1st half, but Newcastle deserved the win after their 2nd half performance.

Some fringe players got decent game time. Thought Bobb did well on his first start and Phillips was decent.

Always was gonna be difficult at Newcastle with them being full of confidence after some good results.

We'll take the loss and move on, like we always do.

Same game we see once or twice a season, these days it's often the Community Shield. Pep and players cannot afford to go all out, the opponent cares much more than we do and we labour to a narrow defeat. Not the end of the world but I do feel for the travelling fans (not as bad as being at St Mary's last season at least).

Hard to pin it on Pep or the players, they are being forced to prioritise when they would rather not.

I don’t mind Newcastle celebrating. It’s their prerogative and a back handed compliment to us.

I resent Sky going along with it and not putting the game in a proper perspective.

Haaland not getting on the pitch the main example of City's priorities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.