Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Move on. We were never going to win this cup.
Some players got full rests
Some got partial rests.
Fringe got a run out. Gomez, Philips, Lewis won't be knocking on Peps door for a while.
Jack came back with booze running through his veins and got injured and is now well behind Doku for a starting spot.
We didn't get battered
Doku Gvardiol and Nunes know they need to step up to be considered first team contributors.
Hope this gives other teams hope
Still on track

The past 8 years have been for nothing... NOTHING!

The team today SHAMED this club and any "achievements" it may have attained.
Forget Silva, forget Kompany, forget Aguero. The heroics of Gundogan, the tenacity of Rodri, the genius of Pep. ALL of it, undone in one night, this night, our Waterloo.

Woe betide us! Woe betide Manchester City, the sham club, the fake club, undone by the might of the new heralded champions to see us into the Newcastle Age!

I renounce my faith! I renounce this club! The fans and their misguided optimism are but fools, dancing in the glories of past endeavours! You are blind and cannot see! Tonight has spelled DOOM and on it's brow are written the fortunes of Manchester so called City so called Football Club!!!

Or, our second string didn't play well in the second half and we still have the rest of the season, and a Club World Cup Championship, to look forward to.
There is that...but to play an ave side woth 5 k away following and not really look.loke scoring...fkin hell

Doubt Pep will lose any sleep from that. Should be only 2 trophies we care about, rest is gravy.

Thought as individuals we were okay but team performance sub par. assume Jack needed minutes but not sure how he stayed on for 90
Basically it tells me that Doku starts against Wolves and Grealish doesn't...

Very much a game of two halves. To be honest we played far better than I expected in the first half but lacked a cutting edge.
Bobb and Gomes both did some good things and I think would be ok to playing in an otherwise full strength side against some of the lesser lights in the league.
KP did not impress unfortunately. He was ponderous and I can see why Pep is reluctant to involve him.
The commentary was ludicrous and they still managed to crowbar in a valuation of our starting 11 without doing the same for Newcastle's - cunts!

Last edited:
We need to look at the bigger picture. Was this a priority for us. No. Is the league and champions a league a priority. Yes. I think the FA Cup will be a see how it goes depending on players available, fixture pile ups etc.

The reality is we didn’t want to go for this trophy and it showed tonight. I know Newcastle made changes but this will be their biggest chance of winning something this season.

Did we really want to prolong the competition to the quarters and semi final before getting knocked out. Might as well do it early, save the players for the games that matter.

Yes it hurts losing but we move on. There are some very entitled fans watching City these days who are not used to us getting beat but it happens. I had the pleasure of watching us in the 80s and 90s so know it too well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.