Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Good to get an hour in Kovacic’s legs and give Bobb more experience, although he faded with many others second half. He looks sharp and incisive. Interesting reflection - kovacic with Bobb stepping in for Palmer and 15m in the bank. Unless he played tonight, he still hasn’t played for Chelsea. No grudge with Palmer but the signs are that we’ve got the better of those deals.

Edit - apparently Palmer ‘shone’ for Chelsea tonight. Fair play to him and hope he does well. But I’ll stick with what I’ve seen and the opinion above

Didn’t see enough from Phillips! He made 112 passes and had a very respectable 91% pass completion.

Yeah but about 105 of them were 3 yarders mate.

In his position, the passing is only one bit of it. He also needs to move after each pass to provide an option. He doesn’t. He passes it then just stands there. He doesn’t “show”. He doesn’t have enough of a football brain to play in this side.

I can absolutely guarantee you that performance will have completely done Pep’s nut in and the only time we’ll ever see him again is in an emergency situation.

The past 8 years have been for nothing... NOTHING!

The team today SHAMED this club and any "achievements" it may have attained.
Forget Silva, forget Kompany, forget Aguero. The heroics of Gundogan, the tenacity of Rodri, the genius of Pep. ALL of it, undone in one night, this night, our Waterloo.

Woe betide us! Woe betide Manchester City, the sham club, the fake club, undone by the might of the new heralded champions to see us into the Newcastle Age!

I renounce my faith! I renounce this club! The fans and their misguided optimism are but fools, dancing in the glories of past endeavours! You are blind and cannot see! Tonight has spelled DOOM and on it's brow are written the fortunes of Manchester so called City so called Football Club!!!

Or, our second string didn't play well in the second half and we still have the rest of the season, and a Club World Cup Championship, to look forward to.

Jack's performance was poor.
Can only think it was a fitness issue.
Nope. That’s what he does. Brings the ball under control, stands the defender up and then starts walking, allowing the opposition to recover their defensive positions.
He’s a very down market Mahrez

Rico Lewis made an error letting the ball run for their goal, but the attacker anticipated a chance
Compare that to the cross in the first half where Grealish stood and watched. That’s not down to fitness because he does that all the time. He has no instinct to score

I’m not blaming this result on Grealish because as a team in that second half we were bullied, but as a senior player, he has to show leadership

Alvarez needs to improve his first touch LMFAO.

He took two touches for his goal against Forest that were so quick the slow-mo looked full speed.

Come on mate.
No i love Alvarez attitude but def 2nd touch is a tackle type, rare bit of sublime as you mentioned but that ball bounces off him like a brick wall

Commentary was laughable, took them until the second minute to mention the cost of the line up. Meh whos arsed anyway? will all be forgotten about this time tomorrow.

I remember where I was when I heard that Elvis had died.
I also remember the night when Princess 'The Queen of Hearts' died and now I will be able to tell my grand child that I can remember exactly what I was doing the night of that famous Newcastle victory of Manchester City.

Sure they said it's a historic night for Newcastle at one point. Will it be on DVD?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.