Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Kalvin Phillips should be nowhere near the 1st team. It’s like playing with ten men when he plays. We have only beaten Bristol City when he has started and lost the rest bar 1 and that 1 we drew.
It’s almost like he’s played in massively weakened teams where we are already less likely to win

I think 3 of his starts before today were in piss take line ups after we won the league and were resting players for the treble run in

Not massively convinced by Phillips myself but get a grip

I honestly think that after 6 wins in 10 years, Pep doesn’t give a toss. Crumbs from the rich man’s table to Newcastle.

Not sure either of them were bought to replace Gundogans goals.

Having said that, let's not pretend Gundgoan was prolific by any means; he scored 8 league goals in both of his last 2 seasons, and I guess a few of those were free kicks.

Not knocking him by the way as I loved him, but it wouldn't take much for them both to get 4 goals each to match what he contributed goals wise.
Gundogan wasn't prolific but he had the nack of scoring VITAL goals.

Apparently Newcastle play utd at ot in the next round. If only we would have won tonight, I’d have just loved a game there.

I reckon Kovavic will be doing Rodri role whilst he's out. Nunes and Bernardo alongside him in midfield.

Rodri is a massive loss especially when we've John Stones out too possibly our two main men last season playing that midfield role.

Pep will find a way over the next two games to get results until Rodri returns, He's a genius.
Hopefully Stones will be back for the Arsenal game. I agree Kovavic will take the Rodri role. Bernardo or Nunes if Stones doesn't make it.

Expected a lot more from Jack tonight.Getting to the stage that Doku is our first pick now on the left.
Our final pass just wasn't there tonight.
Great support tonight.The Newcastle fans as quiet as I have heard them.That's two games this season against us they have been a lot quieter than normal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.