Newcastle are cr*p!

Re: Newcastle are crap!

ifiwasarichfan said:
They are organised and efficient from what I have seen. With Demba Ba on form, they look similar to Everton but with a decentish striker. This is a Team that is more than the sum of it's parts.

^^^ Would agree with this comparison to an (in-form) Everton.
But the trouble with threads like this is that we are caught between the OP's approach (and sounding arrogant) or beginning to sound like Mancini...talking up the qualities of the opposition + predicting a "hard" game ahead of every match.

(Villa were unbeaten before they came to the Etihad...and I thought they were pretty poor to be honest.)

Despite playing well so far this season...you do feel that a cock-up is overdue for Coloccini / Krul etc at some point....and Gutierrez sort of looks like a hairy octopus when he is running...with arms and legs and pony-tail flailing everywhere.

We can't say we haven't been warned....Demba Ba is clearly full of confidence...and Ryan Taylor is good at set-pieces....but I think he is a weakness defensively.
...if we are anywhere near our best....we should have too much for them.

Newcastle arent crap , they are just a mid-table team punching above their weight , Pardew has done a decent job , but they will realise how far they have got to go to be a top 4 side , when we have finished with them.

jimharri said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
Has anyone seen or heard from the OP since?
It'd be nice to think he'd come back on to acknowledge his mistake, but I wouldn't bank on it.
The stench of WUM was very strong.
Newcastle may have lost some of their better individual players from last season but as a team they seem to be a stronger and more coherent collective unit.
They have made some very astute signings in Cabaye and Ba, who I suggested as a decent free transfer shout as our fourth striker in the summer and took some stick for in the transfer forum. But 15 premier league goals so far since January for West Ham and Newcastle tells its own story.
I still think we will beat them handily, as we have done with other hitherto unbeaten sides this season, but they will be pumped up, especially early on. They will have picked up on our habit of starting slowly.
And after what happened between Nigel and Ben Arfa last season means the Geordie fans in my office are already looking at this game as a cup final.

They are not crap but their new stadium name is! Sports Direct Arena.

444321437.jpg

As has been pointed out, confidence and belief are the key to Newcastle at the moment.

Once they lose that, they are a mid-table side, but at the moment they are full of it, and if they believe they can get something from the game, they've got a decent chance of doing so.

We'll have to be at our best and hopefully start quickly for a change.

Same could have been, and no doubt was, said about us not too long ago.

Happen to think newcastle are doing well myself for the squad they have, no doubt it will change though if they get hit by a couple of injuries and don't add to it in january.

LongsightM13 said:
jimharri said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
Has anyone seen or heard from the OP since?
It'd be nice to think he'd come back on to acknowledge his mistake, but I wouldn't bank on it.
The stench of WUM was very strong.
Newcastle may have lost some of their better individual players from last season but as a team they seem to be a stronger and more coherent collective unit.
They have made some very astute signings in Cabaye and Ba, who I suggested as a decent free transfer shout as our fourth striker in the summer and took some stick for in the transfer forum. But 15 premier league goals so far since January for West Ham and Newcastle tells its own story.
I still think we will beat them handily, as we have done with other hitherto unbeaten sides this season, but they will be pumped up, especially early on. They will have picked up on our habit of starting slowly.
And after what happened between Nigel and Ben Arfa last season means the Geordie fans in my office are already looking at this game as a cup final.

Maybe i used too harsh a word with crap i'll admit that, but everybody has been saying how well organised and how hard the players work for each other, are they better organised than Wolves? No, or work harder than Everton? No, or any of another, 13 or 14 teams in the league ? No, no better or worse, but the other team's have mostly played a few teams in the top 10, and have had a bit of bad luck or maybe a bad run of results, Newcastle had nothing but good luck, and a good run of results, and the other teams arn't sitting in 3rd place, talking about Europe. Sorry if i offended anybody!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.