Newcastle fans

I like their fans but I'm likely blinkered by one experience. I was there in 2012 when we beat them away and went on to win the league. Leaving the ground quite a few of them took the time to come over and congratulate us and wish us luck. Although it was likely because of their hate for the Rags that they did it.
I also like them as a club, anyone that attempts to break up the cartel is a good egg in my book.

Similarly, but a long time before, two of their number were sporting enough to hoist the 11 year old version of myself up on to their shoulders at Wembley, so I could see Mike Doyle lifting the League Cup (I was evidently too much of a lump for the old man to oblige)! I wouldn't say I always liked them after that, but I certainly hated them a little less than most of the other clubs in the league!

Oh I don’t know that Poznan that Sunderland copied from us in 2012 was pretty memorable. ;)

United also nicked the Mackems “On the way” song with the big, scary “City’s gonna die”
Always has me shaking in my boots that one haha

UnsungAnchoredHapuku-size_restricted.gif

It's on the European Football Statistics site, which seems pretty accurate (it is for our attendances anyway).

As far as I know, every club includes season ticket holders in the official attendance they give, not the amount of people who turn up. Yes, I imagine not all 51k turned up every game.
They certainly didn’t, no where near full for a lot of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.