Newcastle fans

That's a bit unfair, the last time we were in the Championship we ended with us having an average home attendance of 51,106 which I think is a record.
Agreed. Your attendances have been great in the modern era. They collapsed during the 80s and early 90s but so did many other clubs including City . It is annoying though when people point the finger at City's fanbase because we have been one of the top five/six clubs for attendances for most of our existence and have never been fairweather fans. I also think we have consistently had a fantastic away support like yourselves, Leeds, and MUFC no matter how bad the team has been performing.

They’re self entitled wankers, always whinging on about how they have some god given right for success.

I’ve been saying for years Newcastle fans are cut from the same cloth as scousers.

I don’t get the ‘love in’ with them now from some corners of our fanbase.

Fuck the geordies.

We've got a god given right for success? Give over, we've won nothing since 1969 and I, like most others always expect the worst to happen. I don’t know a single person who thinks we’ve got any right to anything other than to be a properly run club which tries to be the best that it can and that’s been the case since I started watching us, just before we last won a trophy.

We’ve probably been the club that I want us to be for less than a third of my life and the only time I stopped going was for the last 2 years under Ashley when the club had no ambition and going to even home games was a waste of a full day when I could find better things to do with my time.

We've got a god given right for success? Give over, we've won nothing since 1969 and I, like most others always expect the worst to happen. I don’t know a single person who thinks we’ve got any right to anything other than to be a properly run club which tries to be the best that it can and that’s been the case since I started watching us, just before we last won a trophy.

We’ve probably been the club that I want us to be for less than a third of my life and the only time I stopped going was for the last 2 years under Ashley when the club had no ambition and going to even home games was a waste of a full day when I could find better things to do with my time.
Your last couple of lines aint great mate. Ashley was great compared to peter swales, we didnt stop going though.

To be fair.
The atmosphere at St James Park is very good.
Especially with all the flags etc.
But I remember going up there about 1986 ish.
At best it as 16k in the ground.
Load of bollocks about best fans in the history of football fans

In 1986 our ground was a shit tip with two open ends behind the goals and narrow paddocks to each side which didn't hold many, I think we probably had wooden benches in the East Stand paddock. You had to walk through streams of piss which came out of the toilets just to get into the ground and has no cover from the rain. We also had to put up with massive unemployment with whole industries being closed down, ship building, power generation, coal mining and steel production were all wiped out and not replaced with well paid jobs, if at all. A lot of other jobs were reliant on those industries, so the effect was devastating on whole communities and beyond.

Think there something special when in fact there not there a one club city in which half support the rags

Some arses do think they're something special and I don't know why. I think some are not being serious while others probably are.

On a par with the cup winners cup? Was it hell. It was a competition for the places holding the trade fairs. Not even recognised by UEFA until it evolved. When it was re branded as the UEFA cup, it was the THIRD tier UEFA trophy; ranked behind the Cup Winners Cup.

The Fairs Cup was a FIFA competition.

This sounds like most of the Newcastle supporters I've met, going back to the 1955 Cup Final when I was 6. Some of the stuff posted by City fans here is embarrassing, though, makes you wonder if some have been spoiled by success or were just born a bit daft.

That's a bit unfair, the last time we were in the Championship we ended with us having an average home attendance of 51,106 which I think is a record.

It is unfair. Everyone can point fingers at low turnouts, we have all had them. Without question you have a loyal, passionate fanbase who deserve a lot better than they have received for the last 10-15 years.

Your last couple of lines aint great mate. Ashley was great compared to peter swales, we didnt stop going though.

Both of my parents were coming towards the end of their lives, I wasn't going to watch Newcastle under Ashley when I had better things to do with my time. I've been through Westwood ruining the club and McKeag doing the same thing and didn't stop. I used to go to between 30 and 40+ games a season for the best part of 4 decades but the end of the Ashley era and other things going on was just too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.