Newcastle fans

I was there, I'm fairly confident that I have a better idea than somebody who wasn't.
it’s impossible to see the whole ground from any seat, you definitely didn’t have a full stadium, saw it on TV that gives a better perspective. Before Keegan you got less than 10k supporters against Lincoln I think, fickle as fuck from a one club City, try walking a mile in our shoes.

it’s impossible to see the whole ground from any seat, you definitely didn’t have a full stadium, saw it on TV that gives a better perspective. Before Keegan you got less than 10k supporters against Lincoln I think, fickle as fuck from a one club City, try walking a mile in our shoes.

Here's last season’s fixtures https://www.nufc.com/html/2022-23html/fixtures.html when every single home game was sold out at just under 52,300. Not one home attendance shows that figure because the attendance is based on turnstile clicks and it always has been. Last season we had 30,000 members ready to take up and tickets going and this year that figure was last given out as over 57,000 on top of our season ticket holders as they aren't classed as members.

Edit.

I was at St James' when we played Wrexham. It was torrential rain all day and the match was called off because of a flooded pitch, I'm sure less than 10,000 went that day in the open terraces and we stood against the back wall to try and keep away from as much rain as possible.

Here's last season’s fixtures https://www.nufc.com/html/2022-23html/fixtures.html when every single home game was sold out at just under 52,300. Not one home attendance shows that figure because the attendance is based on turnstile clicks and it always has been. Last season we had 30,000 members ready to take up and tickets going and this year that figure was last given out as over 57,000 on top of our season ticket holders as they aren't classed as members.
We were posting about the Championship not the PL.

That is exactly some people’s point fair weather we went under real shit times Swales, lee plus Alan ball Stuart Pearce the list go’s on you support your club through thick and thin , anyone can support a one city team try supporting us when the cunts up the road were winning everything in the same city that’s what you call loyal supporters
I very well remember during the really dark days in the lower divisions driving down to Maine Road from Cumbria week in week out. Those were the times when the rags were winning everything too. God, it was depressing but it never crossed my mind to give it all up. Too dyed in the wool for that. Mick seems to be a genuine Toon fan and usually talks a lot of sense on here, however there were literally tens of thousands of Geordies who gave up on them when they were in the shit. As you say, it's a damn sight more difficult in a two team city when your own club is on it's uppers. I'm pleased that Newcastle are back in the good times though. Rather have them than rags and dippers any day.

We were posting about the Championship not the PL.

We still give out turnstile clicks like we always have. I couldn't prove that going back to 2016 so I've shown figures from last season.

We had our own Swales in Westwood and McKeag when we sold our best players to keep directors pockets filled and nothing else. We would have gone down to the third division and only escaped on the last day of the season because John Hall forced the owners out and brought Keegan in as manager.
This is our point. In the season before that (1990-91) your average attendance was 16,879, you even had only 9,175 against Crewe that year. I think you have a fantastic support but unlike Manchester City you live in a one club city and your attendance drop when the going gets tough.

I very well remember during the really dark days in the lower divisions driving down to Maine Road from Cumbria week in week out. Those were the times when the rags were winning everything too. God, it was depressing but it never crossed my mind to give it all up. Too dyed in the wool for that. Mick seems to be a genuine Toon fan and usually talks a lot of sense on here, however there were literally tens of thousands of Geordies who gave up on them when they were in the shit. As you say, it's a damn sight more difficult in a two team city when your own club is on it's uppers. I'm pleased that Newcastle are back in the good times though. Rather have them than rags and dippers any day.

Fans of most clubs will have dark days, I bet Man U fans thought that they were going through dark days since Fergie retired. Newcastle have won one trophy in my lifetime and the validity of that one trophy is being debated on here. In that time and before you were bought out you won six as far as I’m aware. I'm aware you've had tough times and I have always defended your club and your fans.

Embarrassing thread. Unnecessarily slating another good club's loyal support.

Imagine having a go at the Geordies when the dippers and the rags exist.

Christ.
I think we are only pointing out differences and every club’s support loyal or not is different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.