Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

I hated the RM home game last season when all those glory hunters and tourists stayed until the end and gave the team a great post-match ovation. So different to when people start pissing off after 80 minutes.

Really was refreshing wasn't it?!! Was shaking my head numerous times last season. Still on for the treble and Leeds pulled one back to make it 2-1 sticks in my mind. Loads leaving 20 mins early against Everton.

Probably the greatest team you'll ever see in your life and are that half-arsed about it you'd rather set off home. Some don't deserve this team and they owe it to the fans that are currently getting shafted to make the most of being there.

This isn't about price hikes though and who is Danny?
We don’t know what lobbying the OSC are or aren’t doing. Last time Kevin Parker spoke up for our fans there was very little support. The likelihood is he’s in contact with the Club’s senior management to promote fans’ interests but he might be doing sweet FA. We just don’t know.

Quite a few posters on here predicted the end of the OSC during the lockdown given the world revolves around way tickets, that weren’t available. You only have to look at the exciting development with the Military Veterans to see there is life in the old dogs yet.

Last edited:
We don’t know what lobbying the OSC are or aren’t doing. Last time Kevin Parker spoke up for our fans there was very little support. The likelihood is he’s in contact with the Club’s senior management to promote fans’ interests but he might be doing sweet FA. We just don’t know.

Quite a few posters on here predicted the end of the OSC during the lockdown give the world revolves around way tickets, that weren’t available. You only have to look at the exciting development with the Military Veterans to see there is life in the old dogs yet.
The OSC will always be there. I've been a member since 1979 apart from when i was in the Centenary Supporters Association during the split in the 90's / 2000's.
My view on the OSC is they won't rock the boat. Never have done. Never will. It's not a criticism, just an acceptance that it is a cozy relationship which enables tickets to be available to members and events take place for branches where players / officials / trophies will visit.

Are there still monthly branch committee meetings? I used to attend in the 80's, at the social club, mostly arranged after a home midweek reserve game and that's when we knew what was going on and what was coming up.

The OSC will always be there. I've been a member since 1979 apart from when i was in the Centenary Supporters Association during the split in the 90's / 2000's.
My view on the OSC is they won't rock the boat. Never have done. Never will. It's not a criticism, just an acceptance that it is a cozy relationship which enables tickets to be available to members and events take place for branches where players / officials / trophies will visit.
That’s sort of how I see it too. That said, when Kevin and the OSC have got involved in a couple of controversies over recent years there’s been little support from the wider fan base, so they are unlikely to change anytime soon.

Kevin and Co have been brilliant when we’ve had very ill members. I got the out of office message from city’s administrative leadership.

Are there still monthly branch committee meetings? I used to attend in the 80's, at the social club, mostly arranged after a home midweek reserve game and that's when we knew what was going on and what was coming up.
I suppose in the end the OSC are their to look after and represent their members, not the concerns of non members.

Not all members are season ticket holders
Think we are at cross purposes, thought we were talking just about matchday ticket buyers concerns. Either way though, was just saying those expecting the supporters club to get involved are looking at the wrong people. If OSC members are getting tickets, then their branches have no duty to get involved.
Maybe non members missing out need to join and encourage their OSC to represent their concerns to the club.

Think we are at cross purposes, thought we were talking just about matchday ticket buyers concerns. Either way though, was just saying those expecting the supporters club to get involved are looking at the wrong people. If OSC members are getting tickets, then their branches have no duty to get involved.
Maybe non members missing out need to join and encourage their OSC to represent their concerns to the club.
I can’t help but feel some posters have missed out on the benefits of the OSC (and also the Face Value Facebook pages) because of some attitudes on here. Yes the OSC isn’t for everyone of course.

Last edited:
Really was refreshing wasn't it?!! Was shaking my head numerous times last season. Still on for the treble and Leeds pulled one back to make it 2-1 sticks in my mind. Loads leaving 20 mins early against Everton.

Probably the greatest team you'll ever see in your life and are that half-arsed about it you'd rather set off home. Some don't deserve this team and they owe it to the fans that are currently getting shafted to make the most of being there.
There will always be fans who have genuine reasons for leaving early, but the numbers of our fans doing one 10 minutes or more before the end of many league games is off the scale, even if we're 5-0 up and turning in an imperious performance. Yet you still get people on here defending it and saying it goes on everywhere. Well from what I can see, it doesn't happen at many other grounds on the scale that it does at ours.

It's not fans filling seats that's an issue at our ground these days - it's keeping fans in their seats beyond 75-80 minutes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.