Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

This is an excellent idea. Something needs to be done, we can’t just have long standing Blues cast aside like has been happening for too long, anymore.

So what? Season ticket holders buy for 19 home games without knowing the dates or kick-off times. And many of us renew before the fixtures are out so we don't even know whether we're home or away on a given weekend.
But that’s one of the reasons a lot of people don’t have season tickets…

A lot of people work on weekends and have to book time off to go to football games so they couldn’t commit to a season ticket and need to know when games are being played in order to sort things out with work in good time.

Also, some people have moved out of Manchester and live/work abroad. These people need to know when games are being played to book flights and accommodation.

Why isn't Kevin Cummings and The OCS leading the way on matters like this ?

It appears to me that most of the sensible, practicle and fair suggestions come from long standing grass roots fans.

Parts of the club remain so out of touch with matter that affect fans and the ticket policy is top of the list.

I thought that Mike Summerbee and Andy Morrison had fan ambassador roles ?
Why Kevin Cummins? Lol

Agree the OSC should be all over it but as with any other "issue" involving the club and fans, they are nowhere to be seen or heard. The boat will never be rocked.

Yeah, demand was through the roof last season during the run-in, and it was a lot easier to move tickets on than it has been in the past. I shifted a couple but stuck to FV as I don't believe in fleecing fellow blues. They weren't nothing games either - one was Bayern at home in the CL and the other was Arsenal in the league. Bayern went to a regular poster on here who I don't know outside of this forum but is someone I trust and Arsenal went to a mate who also posts on here. He paid me more than what I was asking which he didn't have to do but it was still a lot less than £60! I also sorted him a ticket for the FA Cup Final at FV.
I was able to let 2 tickets go for the Arsenal game for around £30 each as one of the South Coast OSC members had won a pair in a competition and just asked that I make a donation to charity. Top Blues who signposted me to the helpful chap and who provided the tickets. There’s loads of decent blues about still.

If it was down to me, I'd propose the following:-
  • Release home league games say 6-8 weeks before once the TV companies have confirmed kick-off times.
  • Stagger sales over a 3-4 day period to non-seasoncard holders using the loyalty points system.
  • Perhaps hold back a percentage for kids & accompanying adult/new cityzen matchday members/open sale.
  • Remaining tickets to be sold via the ticket exchange, of which we were instructed was introduced for this purpose, when we all know the club use it to sell at inflated prices to third party sellers.
Just catching up on this thread having seen it for the first time, but those are excellent suggestions, and the first two bullet points at least, were the way it used to be done, and there’s no reason why they couldn’t go back to this.
They’d still sell as many seats overall imho.

I was able to let 2 tickets go for the Arsenal game for around £30 each as one of the South Coast OSC members had won a pair in a competition and just asked that I make a donation to charity. Top Blues who signposted me to the helpful chap and who provided the tickets. There’s loads of decent blues about still.
Similarly, another top Blue on here had a spare youth ticket for Liverpool at home that I could virtually give away to a youngster in our Branch.

I hated the RM home game last season when all those glory hunters and tourists stayed until the end and gave the team a great post-match ovation. So different to when people start pissing off after 80 minutes.

TBF, I doubt anyone would have left early that night. It was just one of those games and nights where everyone would have stayed until the final whistle to support the team and Pep, regardless of who was there that night.

Why Kevin Cummins? Lol

Agree the OSC should be all over it but as with any other "issue" involving the club and fans, they are nowhere to be seen or heard. The boat will never be rocked.
Maybe true but the Kevins wouldn’t need to be involved if Danny and co didn’t hike the prices up every year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.